General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It's Snowing!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 13 Feb 2014 09:23

I wonder if snow can settle on flood water... :-S
I've got to go out in a little while; but I don't like the look of it out there :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Feb 2014 09:54

I hate snow.

I hate being cold.

I'm so happy that I live in a warm place.

It was 28C today & sunny :-D

yeah, I know.............. I'll shurrup ;-)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 13 Feb 2014 09:57

Not here in Nottingham it aint Graham Matey :-D

Its blue sky and sunshine, looks like spring is here.
A little cold but otherwise it looks like being a beautiful day.
And what's more its nice and dry on the walkways. :-D

Island

Island Report 13 Feb 2014 10:08

Oh that's so last Monday! ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Same as Budgie for me........................I got sunshine...la di da di daa :-D

Stay safe Graham.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Feb 2014 10:29

Sunshine in South Yorkshire for me today :-D

Roy

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 13 Feb 2014 11:04

Hiya Roy, I used to live in a little rough tough mining village in S/Yorks when I was a kid used to play on the slag heaps at Dinnington Colliery in the 1940s.
The good old days... NOT.

:-D

Graham

Graham Report 13 Feb 2014 11:08

The only sunshine around here comes out of my ass ;-) :-D

Kuros

Kuros Report 13 Feb 2014 11:30

What a lovely mental picture you just conjured up, Graham. We have a lot of snow here in the South Wales valleys.

Annie

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Feb 2014 11:35

I must go check on the donkeys ;-)

Snowing in South Wales

Nice and sunny in New South Wales :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 13 Feb 2014 11:35

No snow here at foot of valleys, but went up to Treherbert at top of Rhondda this morning and it was snowing and settling. And I know Kuros is beyond that over the mountain.

The two mountain roads out of top of Rhondda (Rhigos and Maerdy, both 1350 ft above sea level) were closed for snow last winter for 42 days. Only two days closed so far but few weeks yet before we can say winter is over :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Feb 2014 11:38

where are you Graham? - geographically that is

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 13 Feb 2014 11:45

Geography is changing daily. Most people in England now live in the Thames channel which was once known as Home Counties:-( :-(

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 13 Feb 2014 11:51

I agree with Scozz for the first two then it's down hill from there.

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 13 Feb 2014 11:53

Beautiful sunny bright day with showers but Cold here in N. Yorkshire .... no problem with that :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Feb 2014 12:01

glorious sunshine here in Cardiff and NO RAIN :-D :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 13 Feb 2014 12:03

Quite pleasant at the moment in my part of Kent, we even had the grass cutters mowing the lawns around our sheltered housing complex this morning, usually mid to late March before we see them out and about - maybe spring is here :-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Feb 2014 12:55

Budgie Rustler, Youv'e not move far, Dinnington is only just up the road from Nottingham,

I know Dinnington well, but i'm not saying anything on the grounds i may incriminate myself ;-)

My dad was born in Harworth but grandad moved after the general strike in the 20's because he refused to work with the scab miners from Nottinghamshires Harworth pit,

So i was born in another rough tough mining village called Armthorpe,

Today Armthorpe is one of the more affluent areas of Doncaster thanks to the pit closures and dad plus 3 of my sister still live their. But i have not lived their for over 40 years now

Roy

Graham

Graham Report 13 Feb 2014 13:08

I'm just across the other side of the Bristol Channel from you Ann. I'm in Somerset. But it has to be said, the weather has now brightened up. 4 seaons in one day :-)

Linda

Linda Report 13 Feb 2014 18:21

lovely day here in my part of Northamptonshire bright and sunny