General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes Support Team

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 11 Mar 2014 18:08

Could someone please tell me why its hard to contact the support team when originally it was quite easy. I have been trying to add a sibling to my tree and it wont have it could do with some assistance

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Mar 2014 18:59

This will get you through to complaints

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evpmwLJFZ_U

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 11 Mar 2014 19:12

Naughty boy, Rollo :-D ;-) Not quite in Carlsberg league yet

I have been waiting for a reply from Shelley for over a fortnight now (and she asked me to write to her!!). I think pinning yourself to the railings of the London office is one possibility, Jean.

And there must be a watering hole they frequent, surely :-S

jax

jax Report 11 Mar 2014 19:31

[email protected]

should be it

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 11 Mar 2014 19:31

Hi Jean, Please excuse the children who have posted above,..Not Jax..... they have had a hard day and it's past there bed time :-D

It's hard to find how to contact GR because they made it hard,.. :-|

They made it hard to find (in there words) because they want to encourage members to find answers to there questions/PROBLEMS using the FAQ facility first,

Once you have exausted the FAQ section and not found the answer to your query/PROBLEM and IF you still have the will to live you will find the tiniest link possible to imagine at the very end of that process

or you can just email tham at [email protected]

Roy :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 11 Mar 2014 19:33

Roy!! Matron says you must go to your room too :-D :-D :-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 11 Mar 2014 19:45

On my way miss

Roy :-(

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 11 Mar 2014 19:57

:-D :-D

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 13 Mar 2014 15:24

Hi Jean,

Please email [email protected]

Regards

Shelley

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 13 Mar 2014 15:25

Hi JustJohn,

I haven't received a PM, please send me a message and I will follow up.

Regards

Shelley

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 13 Mar 2014 15:34

Honestly, Shelley, I wrote it to your inbox (Community) within 10 minutes of you asking me.

That must have been 3 weeks ago and is well out of time now. Forgotten what you wanted me to write to you about. Think it was about what I saw as malicious and unnecessary reporting that was being upheld by Genes all the time.

Just pleased you have replied eventually. And notice that quite a few jokes that were a bit iffy have been left alone recently.

Regards

John

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 13 Mar 2014 15:41

LOL John

You really must re-read what you have written sometimes

For instance.....Just pleased you have replied eventually. And notice that quite a few jokes that were a bit iffy have been left alone recently.

Do you mean that you are pleased that iffy jokes have been left alone and not reported.....Were they against T&Cs?.....and here you are admitting they are iffy LOL........shakes head and wanders off thread.

jax

jax Report 13 Mar 2014 15:47

Wonder if there was something wrong with the email address Roy and myself gave?? :-D

Not sure if Jean was that interested as she hasn't returned

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 13 Mar 2014 16:47

Susanwiv. If I can tell they are iffy, and - believe it or not - I can, I then can make a grown up decision like any other ordinary person about whether I will read rest or not.

What really iffs me (and frankly iffs an awful lot of people off) is when some self-appointed censor reckons they are more capable than you or I of being reasonably adult, Susanwiv. And then Genes seems to always side with their ridiculous reporting. Sure we are at one there.

Anyway, I have not seen a joke reported for several days now. What I call the iffy ones have sunk like a stone. Others have given much amusement to many.

Jax. That email address was wrong one. It is now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evpmwLJFZ_U Then goes straight to right spot

:-D ;-)

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 13 Mar 2014 18:36

Susan with all the numbery numbers - lolololol

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 14 Mar 2014 12:29

Hi JustJohn,

Yes, there are some which have been left. Jokes are only removed if offense has been taken. Please do continue to post though.

I will send you a PM so if you need to contact me directly from now on you can reply to the message.

Have a lovely weekend,

Shelley

GeeJayDubya

GeeJayDubya Report 14 Mar 2014 21:44

In respect of Jean's original posting: I too sometimes have a problem adding a name to my tree. I find the best solution is to close the Tree and then reopen it.
Similarly, editing details of someone (say, changing a date of birth) appears not to register on the Tree. Again, closing and reopening seems to work. Sometimes the change has actually been made/saved (though not evident before closing), other times the change has to entered again and saved.

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 19 Mar 2014 14:00

Hi Jean, GeeJayDubya,

If you are having difficulties with your tree, please email [email protected] and the team will be able to look in to it fr you.

Regards

Shelley