General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone seen my dog..... or cat?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Mar 2014 05:37

Not my dog, but a family has lost their pet.....

Poor dog! :-( :-0

This is awful.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/14/14/51/python-eats-small-dog-in-its-nsw-kennel

Northern NSW....... we're not very far from Lismore :-( :-0

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Mar 2014 06:38

At least it appears to be safe and well on the mend.:-0 ;-)

Not many dog owners, faced with that situation, would be as caring and considerate as that, I suspect.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Mar 2014 07:36

That's so sad, but what a caring person to worry about the snake's wellbeing.

Mind you, why would you leave such a small dog chained up outside?

Lizx

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Mar 2014 07:48

Bait, Liz. But I would have thought a chain made of something more bio-degradable would have been a lot safer for that lovely snake to digest.

People don't think when they buy these expensive metal chains, do they

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Mar 2014 11:15

The dog was chained up to stop it chasing and/or killing wildlife (birds, lizards etc).... I guess the owners didn't think about a snake eating the dog :-0

We had a snake, just like that one, about 3 metres long, on our patio, a couple of months ago.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Mar 2014 08:18

Poor little dog. I just didn't think small dogs were left outside, as they are usually close to the owners or kept inside.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Mar 2014 09:22

I always wonder about people who have pets and say "they're part of our family", and the pets sleep outside.

Do other members of the family sleep outside?

I think it was a Maltese/Chihuahua cross, so it was a very small dog.

Lots of snakes around here, I wouldn't be leaving a little dog outside overnight.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Mar 2014 08:46

Well that was my thinking too LadyScozz, most people who own small dogs keep them very close to them indoors. I hope the little dog died very quickly, probably of shock?

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Mar 2014 09:06

Hi Liz

The "python" - known as carpet snakes here....... swallow their food whole! They do bite, but are not venomous; but considering what the last thing may be that went into the snake's mouth (probably a rat), it's best to get to a doctor or hospital very quickly.

Poor little dog, didn't stand a chance. I haven't seen anything yet about the progress of the snake & the chain.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Mar 2014 09:35

Yes I realised that the dog was swallowed whole but that probably wouldn't kill it instantly hence my hoping it died quickly of shock.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 18 Mar 2014 01:26

I've changed the title........ because............

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/18/09/35/dog-eaten-by-snake-on-whitsundays

:-( :-( :-(

I'm being very careful when I'm outside!

A snake would have a lot of trouble swallowing me whole, but I don't want a nasty bite.