General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australia- David Ewart - Jane Irvine Jamieson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 17 Mar 2014 21:37

Looking for information 1910 to present regarding the above.
If the information that I have is correct then the following is correct.
David Ewart born Scotland 1875 (a brother of my grandfather) seems to have emigrated to Australia in 1910. In 1911 he marries a Jane Irvine Jamieson in Victoria reg no 4518. He appears to have died 26/2/1952 and was shown as a Wharf man. and lived in Deepdene,Melbourne.
Jane Irvine Jamieson was born in Scalloway,Shetland.1884. She was a domestic in the same house in Leith in Edinburgh as my paternal grandmother (who also came from Shetland) in 1901.
I think Jane probably went out to Australia in 1911 and married David. She is shown as having died in 1967 aged 82 at Deep, in Victoria.(All details of father & mother match).

I would love to have some confirmation that the connection is correct and to find out what happened from 1911 onwards. Also it would be great to find out if there are any living family

Brian

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 18 Mar 2014 09:31

You would probably be best advised to move this to the "Find Ancestors" thread - that's where members who do so much voluntary research hang out!

Brian

Brian Report 18 Mar 2014 15:58

THANKS ELIZABETH. I HAVE MOVED THIS TO FIND ANCESTORS

Brian