General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

watch batteries

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2014 18:38

I'm over the moon here!!! went into a B & M store today and bought a pack of 20 watch batteries of differing sizes for 79p. I've just fitted new batteries in three of my watches and they are perfect. Compare that with what jewellers charge to change a watch battery. Probably many of the 20 will be of no use, but 79p just for one is brilliant :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 18 Mar 2014 18:39

Bargain Ann!! :-D :-D I do like a mooch around there :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 18 Mar 2014 18:43

Why would you want to wear three watches Ann ?

:-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2014 19:15

cos I have very long arms :-P

Mersey

Mersey Report 18 Mar 2014 19:18

:-D :-D :-D :-D Ann

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Mar 2014 20:01

We have been buying them in the pound shop for a long time now, only two of our watches aren't suitable for them

Frederick

Frederick Report 18 Mar 2014 20:14

One question Ann, Why would you want to watch batteries. ??

;-) ;-)

F.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 18 Mar 2014 20:40

why did I read that as WATER BATTERIES!!!!!!!!!! now I know I have lost it.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2014 21:56

trip to Specsavers methinks Dawnie :-D :-D :-D

Just saw the same batteries in Asda for £2.00, but even that's cheap - I have about seven or eight watches which require batteries - I always stop them though when I take them off

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 18 Mar 2014 22:44

just been to sepcsavers on orders of dr and my eyes apparently are fine just the fibro playing silly wotsits with the muscles its amazing what I can read things as lol.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2014 22:56

and as for AnninGlos - she's been buying these batteries for a long time and never ever thought to tell us!!!!! ;-)

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 19 Mar 2014 07:29

Gee Dawnie - do you know who I bumped into in Specsavers this morning?

Everyone!