General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Too Late Tonight

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Mar 2014 20:54

for my Jigsaw table, I have just done 4 jigsaws 3 that are framed 1 waiting a frame but I may be gone awhile as I have recently bought a 3000 piece jigsaw.

:-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 21 Mar 2014 21:01

I used to love doing jigsaws especially Thomas Kincade ones.

Have you done any of his Uzzi?

Emma :-)

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 21 Mar 2014 21:41

LOL I CANT PICK UP THE PIECES WITHOUT FLICKING THEM
ACROSS THE TABLE,SPEND MORE TIME LOOKING FOR
THE LOST BITS,

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Mar 2014 21:44

I have a jigsaw on the go all the time. As soon as I finish one, I start another. Most of them are 1000 piece, because they are the best size to fit on my board, but I have made 3000 piece ones and one with 5000 pieces. Never again!!

I buy them at charity shops, usually £1.99, and give them back afterwards to sell again.

I have made Thomas Kincade ones, but my least favourite are the Wasjig and Photomosaic ones!!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Mar 2014 22:08

Andysmum we love the wasjigss well OH does, I have a 1000 piece board well I have 2 boards but my 3000 piece is going to take my table up lucky it just fits the 85cmx with a cm to spare.Hopefully I will find a backing board 1st as doing itt on my table is difficult as it´s wod frame and glass center.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 21 Mar 2014 22:54

I have the rollup cloth for mine. Really good and easy to store.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 22 Mar 2014 14:37

A 3000 piece just fits on my board, but there's no space left to spread out the pieces. They end up in the middle of the jigsaw - which is OK to start with but not so good when bits of it are made.

Uzzi, my OH also does jigsaws, but he likes them on the computer. He scans my picture, prints it as a guide and then uses a jigsaw programme to create whatever size he wants. I don't like them because you can't see much at a time, unless you zoom out so far you can't see the pieces at all!!!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 28 Mar 2014 19:09

Andysmum I will do them on line when I am bored but there is nothing like doing a jigsaw. Sadly my boards are onIy 1500 and I have just lost my boards because one has a jigsaw on it that I want to frame and the other has been re-claimed by OH for his wasjigs ...well it is his and my getting back into them has got him back into them also ..... So our dining table is out of action for awhile !