General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The moon & mood changes

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 23 Mar 2014 15:53

You´ll probably all think I´m mad, but my OH has regular tantrums about every 4 weeks. Goes off on one & won´t speak for a couple of days, then behaves as though nothing has happened.
No explanations or apologies. He just creates an argument over nothing, then goes off to the spare room in a huff.
For ages I thought it was caused by the trauma of having to contribute to the housekeeping from his pension (all of mine, half of his,..He needs the rest for his social life!!!)
Around Christmas I noticed that the tantrum coincided with the new moon. Since then, I have noticed that it always happens within a couple of days either side of the new moon.
Am I clutching at straws to find a reason for his behaviour, or is he just a moody s*d.
We´ve only been married for 5 years & he´s 65, so I have no way of knowing if he has always been like this or whether I am especially blessed. :-S :-S :-S :-S

Sorry. Should have said the Full moon

Island

Island Report 23 Mar 2014 16:11

Is it his period?

:-0 :-)

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 23 Mar 2014 16:17

He doesn't howl around full moon does he ?? :-0

wisechild

wisechild Report 23 Mar 2014 16:46

Think he´s gone through the menopause, so probably not PMT.
More like toddler tantrums. so he must be in his 2nd childhood.
As for howling.....not exactly.......more wingeing.

Island

Island Report 23 Mar 2014 16:51

I have to say......I do notice a marked 'build up' in some posters which coincide with the phases of the moon :-0 :-D :-D

wisechild

wisechild Report 23 Mar 2014 17:02

So maybe I´m not as far off beam as I thought.
Can´t say I´d noticed that myself although I hadn´t really thought about it.
It´s certainly true that there are periodic build ups of problems with some posters.

McB

McB Report 23 Mar 2014 17:07

My son gets real hyper when there's a full moon, he's 25 now & been like it since childhood

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Mar 2014 17:07

Dunno - a relative works in a secure unit for the mentally ill.

When we've discussed this, sometimes they say that the patients are more unbalanced, other times they are the same as 'normal'. It might just be that the patients are at the same level of (un)stability and it's the staff who are aware of the full moon and more alert to the patients behaviour.

Doesn't the moon have something to do with the earth's magnetic field? Perhaps that's what's causing his grumpiness?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Mar 2014 17:23

I worked in our local psychiatric hospital for nigh on thirty years and it was common knowledge that when the moon was full it affected the behaviour of some patients - probably why the word lunatic used to be applied to people with some form of mental illness

Joeva

Joeva Report 23 Mar 2014 17:47

Feel sad for you wisechild..... for having to put up with these episodes of your OH having this 'strange' behaviour.

I can only say that I knew someone who did the same sort of thing who was a heavy drinker and a depressive.....

We can go on making excuses for others forever......

Take care of yourself .... you need to stay strong to protect your own wellbeing..... believe you me I know.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 18:37

Hmmmm......does he get paid by the month......Is he a secret drinker?.....just asking :-)

Joeva

Joeva Report 23 Mar 2014 18:51

Susan with numbers - wisechild has already posted that they live on their pensions..... all of hers and just half of his - to pay for his social life :-0

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 19:23

well....he might get paid monthly....some do.......sheesh!....I only asked :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Mar 2014 19:29

Is there a full moon due? :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 19:30

:-D

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Mar 2014 19:32

Google a condition called Sundown now I am not suggesting that your OH is suffering from this but it just proves that moons do make a difference .......... if Eldrick was to read this he would have to sit on his hand lololol :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 19:35

My OH is the same.....It took me years to realise that the moon had an influence on his moods.

What is your Oh's star sign?......I have a theory :-D

Joeva

Joeva Report 23 Mar 2014 19:38

Ask away Susan with numbers ....... most people get their pensions paid monthly ...... it is up to wisechild to say if this might be the reason he takes himself off to the spare room without explanation.

All I can say again is that I am very sad for wisechild to have to put up with this behaviour from a man that she has only been married to for 5 years and hope she takes care of herself..

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 20:01

I am sorry Joeva......you seem upset over something or other. I merely answered a thread thinking it was ok to post on it giving an opinion to a query asked by the Poster. Of course if this is a private thread and the poster wishes me to delete because it is a sensitive subject, then I will do so.

As it happens, I was trying to be supportive in my own way by eventually adding some tales of my own experiences.....but hey ho I will leave you to discuss the delicacies with deeper soulfulness than I can offer.

Joeva

Joeva Report 23 Mar 2014 20:46

Susan with numbers - my reply was to your posting:

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 19:23
well....he might get paid monthly....some do.......sheesh!....I only asked %3A-S

I have already posted my own experiences on this thread by wisechild, or have you not noticed?

I always read through a thread ,taking in what others have posted before I add anything.

Obviously this is not a private thread, others have added their comments and opinions since 15.53 so I wonder why you have asked the question.....................