General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Barred from the boards

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Mar 2014 21:29

If I was ever barred from the boards I would not return at the end of the bar.

Would you?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 Mar 2014 21:33

ive been banned lots of times
it used to be a badge of honour :-D :-D
and yes I've always returned ;-)

a bit like arnie I will be back ;-) ;-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 23 Mar 2014 21:34

Yep I would and I have, the reason I was banned was because of another member, GR reinstated me, when they sussed out the members game.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Mar 2014 21:34

yes I was banned almost weekly for 24 hrs 4 weeks and even 14 mths you may be suprised how many people on here have been suspended at one time or another :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Mar 2014 21:35

In the 'old days' when there was the 24 hour naughty step, I might. Now-a-days being barred is a far more serious transgression, so probably not.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 Mar 2014 21:36

the best ban I ever seen was joyouses
demanding to be banned
then when she was allowed back on
demanding to be banned again

bless her she is so funny I so miss her on the boards :-D :-D

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 23 Mar 2014 21:40

I slept through the 4 hour ban I got :-D

When Hayley was banned I was so cross I deleted my account......no regrets and happy to be back :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 21:43

There were only two that I can remember who deserved a lifetime ban.......the rest just made the boards more, shall we say, interesting......especially if one sat on the sidelines and watched the drama unfold........I remember waving being an offence in the end......Lol.....them wos the days....innocence and some wumderfule moments....sighs!....and the wit! the tears! Those were the days of a better class of wum :-)......but I digress.......My answer being.......maybe......maybe not :-D

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Mar 2014 21:49

I would never try and come back as someone else which many have tried and been sussed out with in 5 mins of posting they were so funny and so easy to spot they join under a false name register and post with in mins and have a back up story in place and would post
** Hi my name is Chantelle I am 25 I am a blonde airhostess and my measurements are 66 23 36 ** then they would be straight on the threads after the people they have banned for rowing with and waving to their mates.....but the really pro ones used to set up about 4 accs at a time and leave them for mths and get them active when they were banned.

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Mar 2014 22:00

Sometimes I think I must be in a parallel world.

I have honestly never noticed any of these things.

Mostly I don't notice if anybody has been barred and have no idea about these tremendous fights and incidents of stalking that go on.

I say I would not come back but maybe I wouldn't even notice I had been barred at all.

My attitude would be, if I did notice, that for the sake of seven quid a year, I just could not be bothered with all that faff. Move on, do something else.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 23 Mar 2014 22:02

I would never be so naughty that I would be banned ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Mar 2014 22:03

GR's sister site Friends Reunited used to be hilarious .......................

they would issue 1 minute bans .................. yes, 1 MINUTE

and every time scale interval you could think of up to a permanent ban.

I got several 1 minute and 5 minute bans, and 3 or 4 hour bans ............. all of which were usually over before I knew about them

One of the bans I got was for saying "hello" :-S

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Mar 2014 22:04

I havent seen any fights or stalking on here on for years and I mean years may I ask why you mentioned it ?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 Mar 2014 22:08

some people got banned for silly things
one dear person got a suspension for losing her purse
This still shocks me

and to be honest
been banned made me some wonderful friends
who I will treasure for life

and in the end
we were not all so different after all-- just on different teams :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Mar 2014 22:10

Because I have never seen it but see people mention it on here and wonder how much I must be not noticing.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Mar 2014 22:11

Wow! Sylvia......I didn't realise you were such a naughty girl ;-)

I would be interested to know why the question was asked Sharron.....it seems so out of the blue :-) Did you have anyone in mind?

Whoops....didn't see below til I had written the above.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Mar 2014 22:16

I have not seen any reason for anyone to be banned off here for years but have seen enough in my time and like Joy I have made too many friends over the years on here to just leave and forget it and one of the main reason I returned after actually being thrown off the site because it was celebrated so much by a few when I was so I wanted to post because I could do but sadly they had got bored and moved on by the time I returned ;-)

TaniaNZ

TaniaNZ Report 23 Mar 2014 22:17

Sharron it's a bit of a funny question
I guess it depends on how much you like posting
I don't auto renew my membership and generally don't bother with it for many months
Once I think I was away for a year.
If I was barred I doubt I would renew because it's not that important to me
I am amused often on here though at the folk who cut off their noses to spite their faces however
I just don't see the point :-)

This place really is quite tame these days with the biggest fuss being over jokes being rrd
Crazy thing is regardless of wether people think they are offensive or not they don't fit grs terms and conditions which are pretty clear
So hey ho I think.

Mind you having said that the ole phantom nudger used to create a bit of breast clutching when they whipped up the contentious threads

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Mar 2014 22:24

Breast clutching hand wringing pearls swinging twinsets creasing ...... :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 23 Mar 2014 22:24

The one and only time I was banned ( think it was the purse incident..lol), I came back as someone else so preposterous I thought I would be outed in days! :-D :-D :-D