General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What would you do

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Mar 2014 19:31

It is your house and your new partner moves in but isn´t comfortable. would you sell up and buy together.Or would you buy a new house in your name. ?

You have your house but your new partner wants you to move in to theirs and sell yours so you can put the money into improving the house for the children.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Mar 2014 19:35

If it's going to be fair - sell up both houses and, buy one together.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2014 19:39

Personally, I think you have to be VERY certain that the new partner is going to be a long-term partner

Nothing would be worse than selling your property, and putting everything into a joint place (whether it is a new one or his) and then finding within months that he was not the one and only ............ only you had "lost" all your equity and money.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 24 Mar 2014 19:44

It works both ways!

Surely it makes sense to take decent financial advice, digest that advice and move on accordingly

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Mar 2014 19:45

I'm with Maggie.

Well,.... i'm not "with" her exactly. :-D

I agree with what she said.........phew!

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 24 Mar 2014 19:47

I would take qualified advice rather than something a person says on a website - a person I have never met

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Mar 2014 19:49

No 1, that way its equal shares,,,,,,

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 24 Mar 2014 19:52

I wouldnt entertain either option, he could live in his house I would live in mine and meet half way :-D

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 24 Mar 2014 19:55

I'm with Hayley..............don't live together fulltime, just date and have sleepovers :-D :-D ;-)

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 24 Mar 2014 19:58

Im too old for all that stating a fresh Kitty my house and savings are my childrens ( if I dont spend it first ) ;-)

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 24 Mar 2014 20:03

:-D :-D <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Mar 2014 20:11

always keep the roof over ones head
and safe guard your kids future :-D :-D

risk nothing for a new partner ;-) ;-)

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 24 Mar 2014 20:12

Believe what you are told or believe what is true

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Mar 2014 20:22

I would never trust a new partner
only one that had proved his worth over a long long time

and I would beware of men with short arms and long pockets ;-) ;-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Mar 2014 20:25

Kay no 1 wasn't equal share it was your house they felt unconformable in it you sold and bought a houet together maybe but how much of your money is in the house _

edit whoops brain faster than fingers that should read house

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Mar 2014 20:27

Errol do note I have only said you or them and not he or she. I am well aware that this situation works 2 ways/

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 24 Mar 2014 20:30

If we all just rented our homes, would life be so much easier?

No cold calls about home improvements, no worry about being conned by cowboy roofers and driveway layers, no inheritance chasers etc etc :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Mar 2014 20:34

Gosh Errol, I wasn't giving advice - just my view, and I'm sure Uzzi can make her own mind up!!

Perhaps we should all just not bother giving opinions.....leave it all to 'those who know' - but then it wouldn't be a chat board would it?

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 24 Mar 2014 20:34

Rent your house out then get one together. At least then, if things go wrong, you will always have your original property and somewhere to live. if they go swimmingly......you will have lots of spending money :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Mar 2014 20:40

This is not what this is about but it did make me think ..a friend of mine's daughter sold her house and put everything into her new partners home which was in his name. 2 children aged 13 and 8 and 20 years of "marriage" later he has put her out of the house. A solicitor has told her "common law " doesn´t count. As nothing is in her name she owns nothing.