General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Removing access to another family tree.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rondog

Rondog Report 24 Mar 2014 21:53

It's easy to stop someone else viewing your tree BUT how do you cancel your own access to someone else's tree?
Rondog :-S

Inky1

Inky1 Report 24 Mar 2014 21:59

Access is controlled by the tree owner. You cannot therefore cancel access that they provided to you.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Mar 2014 22:05

This has been talked about before, It's a real pain when people give access without being asked and ignore requests for them to remove access, I have accumulated pages and pages that i NEVER asked anyone for,

Roy

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Mar 2014 02:07

I wish they would!!

I have access to a forest of trees, owned by people I have no connection with :-(

I find it frustrating trying to find trees owned by female members. First contact shows a surname, which is usually their married name... but the list of "other trees" shows their maiden names. I think I have access to the trees of 16 Margarets, 10 Julies, 1 squillion Marys........

If GR could think of a SIMPLE way of showing BOTH surnames it would be very helpful.

btw.... I'm listed as my maiden name.... makes it easy.

jax

jax Report 25 Mar 2014 04:02

My contact doesn't show my real name at all

I have well over 100 trees shared with me that have nothing what so ever to do with my family....they are just people I have helped on the boards, that feel I now need their tree for some reason

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 25 Mar 2014 16:26

Personally I couldn't care less if someone gives me access and it proves to be a non-connection.

I would rather GR spend their developer's time on more important issues.