General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT A CHANGE.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

martynsue

martynsue Report 25 Mar 2014 09:29

some of you may remember my thread a couple of years ago about my mum.
she was on life support for 6 weeks fighting sepsis,i got great support from the boards community,after a long battle to regain strength & build up her muscles she over came these problems with ease,however she lost her confidence to go out and about,she felt vulnerable living where she was.
I got on to the council as she was in warden control accommodation,it was a ground floor flat and she had live there for about 12 years.
problems with people living above left her on anti depressants.

well 3 weeks ago she was offered a bungalow,still warden controlled and it is next door but one to my disabled brother so a lot easier for me.

in the last 3 weeks she has found a new lease of life,all she wants to do is bake .
she says she never wanted to bake before but now she looks forward to going home and baking fresh meals for herself and my brother,i am also included in this with meat pies and the like.

I just wanted to let everyone know how my mums life has changed so much for the better,she is so happy and her cat has now forgiven me for putting her in the cat box against her will.

thank you for your support in the past,

sue

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Mar 2014 09:49

Sue,
How lovely to have such a happy result for your Mum, and living near your brother as well. I hope that she will have many happy years there. And you will grow fat on all those pies :-D

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 25 Mar 2014 10:00

Awww Sue......I am really happy for all of you.

Enjoy every day with your lovely Mum and brother. <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 25 Mar 2014 10:03

Hi Sue what great news, as always :-) <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Mar 2014 10:07

That is excellent news

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Mar 2014 10:39

great news for everyone Sue <3

Don't eat too many of those pies........ share them around the board :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 25 Mar 2014 11:34

Hello Sue how wonderful your Mums life has turned around for the better, it's great to get a new lease of life. I hope she enjoys her cooking. Love to her, love to you, and extra love to the cat. <3 <3 <3

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 25 Mar 2014 12:35

Great to get some good news for once. I hope your mum has many happy years in her new bungalow.

martynsue

martynsue Report 25 Mar 2014 12:38

she has now decided she likes gardening as her bungalow has one,
we are now off to the garden centre.

thank you for your kind words.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 25 Mar 2014 14:08

Wonderful that your mum now has a new lease of life.<3

Baking and gardening? then life is good :-D

GR boards are supportive as always
Mau XX

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Mar 2014 14:14

How lovely for your mum and for the rest of the family .

Hope she loves her new place and enjoys the new chapter of her life
:-)