General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Gremlins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Mar 2014 02:25

are still following us! :-(

Last week, the car stopped working. The starter motor wouldn't play nice. Sometimes it would start the car, sometimes it wouldn't.

Took the car to the mechanic. Need a new starter motor. None in stock, we'll have it by Thursday.

Thursday came (car sitting in the driveway by then, wouldn't start at all)..... 'phone call from the mechanic, very sorry, our supplier sent the wrong part, we've re-ordered, and it will be here on Monday morning.

No car for the weekend....... good thing the local club has a courtesy bus!

Monday morning...... 'phone call from the mechanic... I'll come over and tow your car to the workshop.

He turned up, in a van... a small van. Our car is a 4wd, and was at the bottom of a very steep driveway :-( Aaaaah, this won't work. I'll get the tow-truck to come over.

Half an hour later.......... another 'phone call, the tow-truck is about 100km away, won't be back until really late......... I'll come over with the new starter motor and put it in.

Later that afternoon............... our neighbour asked Himself (they were both outside) what was wrong with our car. Neighbour is a very helpful man, he can fix just about everything, so he suggested he look at the car......... OH got in the car.... and it started!

:-D Yay!

Got on the 'phone, told the mechanic that the car started. He said he thought it might, because he'd been around and put the new motor in!!!

Why couldn't he knock on the door?

Maybe we shouldn't have 'phoned........... just pleaded ignorance, and said the car now works, don't bother fixing it :-0 :-D

When are the gremlins going to leave us alone?

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 26 Mar 2014 10:26

How was he able to do it without the keys?

Or am I just being a thicky dimbo?

Refuse to pay anyway because he couldn't have possibly checked it was working ok

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Mar 2014 10:44

The keys were in the car.

The garage door was open. The car in the driveway, just outside the garage.

There's a door in the garage that goes into the house, that was also open... and Himself was in that room.

He didn't hear a thing.......... and I'm the half-deaf person in the house!

We're lucky the car wasn't stolen.

I'm amazed that the mechanic didn't try to find us.

We've paid the bill.

The car behaved itself today. :-D

Where can I get something to scare away the gremlins?