General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coming back.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2014 08:25

There hasn't been much to laugh about with Fred recently. Being ill knocked him back a long way and his speech was almost entirely garbled but I am pleased to say he is coming back to us as Fred again.

His appetite never left and he has had the statutory sausage sandwich and café mighty lunch, ham, egg and many, many chips this week as well as the fish and chips which must also be eaten on a Wednesday.

He has continued to work at his current occupation of being Mr Tiggywinkle and Hans that do dishes throughout but has now stopped calling us in the night to get him up for whatever other job he thought he had to go to.

He now manages a little sing when he has his bum powdered but not yet with his previous gusto and his mate pushes him in the wheelchair at the moment.

He might not be doing as much at the moment but you can be sure he is busily thinking up what to get up to next.

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 28 Mar 2014 08:28

Hello, havent posted before but love reading about Fred and his escapades. I hope he is singing with great gusto soon. :-)

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 28 Mar 2014 08:48

One thing is for sure, Fred is a fighter, hopefully you will soon be able to hear his melodious tones again, sung with his usual vigor and zest <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Mar 2014 09:24

He sounds as if he is well and truly on the mend ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Mar 2014 09:58

good old Fred - he is amazing, as are you Sharron <3 <3 <3 <3

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 28 Mar 2014 10:28

Bless him, as long as you have a song in your heart you can battle on. Keep singing Fred. Xx

kandj

kandj Report 28 Mar 2014 10:44

That is good news Sharron. I hope you're not too exhausted by this latest setback. xx

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 28 Mar 2014 11:12

Pleased to hear this Sharron I think you do a brilliant job with your dad.

When I first read your Fred threads, many moons ago, I remember thinking 'how can this person talk about her father like that'. I kept reading and soon realised the humour and caring that was involved. You are a superb example of caring for an elderly parent.

Wendy x

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Mar 2014 11:13

Sharron.... you are awsome! <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2014 12:18

Glad he is on the mend and ready to lead you a dance again. :-) :-) <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Mar 2014 12:38

Let's hope his fine appetite will give him strength for many more good outings soon.

So pleased to hear that he seems to be on the mend.

Gwyn

Merlin

Merlin Report 28 Mar 2014 14:00

Glad Freds on the mend,Sing his song to him Sharron,"Right Said Fred" I think is was written for him.**M**

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 28 Mar 2014 14:21

<3 to Fred, long may it last.

Emma :-)

michael2

michael2 Report 29 Mar 2014 00:19

sharron you cant keep a good man down you are doing a great job with him keep up the good work. :-D <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2014 07:43

Or Fred!