General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a lovely surprise.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2014 22:42

I have had a big filling missing from a back tooth for some time but put off having it replaced until my check up to save the extra price.

This morning I went for the check, only to have the dentist pull the tooth out because it was too far gone to re-fill and it had an abscess over it and the dentist also remove £102 from me.

kandj

kandj Report 28 Mar 2014 22:44

OUCH X 2.....!!!

Wend

Wend Report 28 Mar 2014 22:45

Gurns :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Mar 2014 22:52

The up-good side is Sharron its one less you will have to pay for when you have the lot out,,,,,, :-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Mar 2014 00:17

Kay ....... :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Mar 2014 00:59

Good grief! That's a bit steep! :-0

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Mar 2014 07:58

I hope the tooth fairy visits you........ with a BIG bag.

:-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2014 08:07

No, I don't want the tooth fairy bringing her washing round here.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Mar 2014 10:29

If you are out of work and claiming JSA dental care is free.
Otherwise most people go in for something like this:
http://www.denplan.co.uk/patients/new/pricing-examples.aspx

As you have found out there are economies and false economies in keeping the cost of living down! Neglected teeth can lead on to all sorts of horrible things so think about a plan.

good luck

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 29 Mar 2014 11:13

I just had my dental check on Thursday. No fillings just exam, scaling and polishing and it came to $159 Canadian which is abt. 86 pounds sterling. So if you paid 102 for exam and extraction it doesn't sound too bad. Wonder if we pay more for dental work here in Canada?

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 29 Mar 2014 12:01

Unless you go private the charges are:

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx

Most dental plans have to be taken out when your teeth are all healthy.

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2014 12:43

I have been using this practice for forty-five years but he just can't afford to be NHS apparently.

He is not a complete money grubber and does also run a charity, sometimes going off for a time to do dental work on the teeth of rescued dancing bears.

As for my teeth, they are well looked after and I do go for my checks every time.

As I needed no treatment for years, we decided a plan was not necessary.It probably would still cost more than the work I have done.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 29 Mar 2014 19:46

I joined a dental care plan at a dentist as I didn't qualify for NHS treatment, all was fine till I needed root canal work done, she botched it so badly i needed to go to another dentist to get it done properly and although it cost a lot of money it was not nearly as much as I had paid in total at the first dentist plan.
Now I pay as I go. :-|

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Mar 2014 20:03

I would of knocked it out for you
and saved you all that money

that's shocking to expect you to pay that just for one itsy bitzy tooth :-( :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2014 21:00

I had to pay for my check and I bought a couple of packets of floss picks.

There would be a queue to knock my teeth out Joy.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Mar 2014 21:01

I meant it to save you money hun
not in a nasty way ;-) ;-)

Wend

Wend Report 29 Mar 2014 21:04

Biff :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2014 21:12

I think Fred knocked one of his own wisdom teeth out, but there is no accounting for him!

Two of mine put me in hospital.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Mar 2014 21:43

I pull my own out ;-) ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2014 21:49

So you might but I take the privilege of cowardice and I exploit it. A whole new take on woos!