General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Acupuncture

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Apr 2014 03:13

The serial....................

:-D

I had a session this morning.

Also had "cupping", never had that before..... a bit strange.... I now have three big red circles on each cheek (and I don't mean my face :-) )

I'm supposed to be resting for the afternoon, and keeping warm (warm? it's 27C here!)...... so I'm sitting on a warmed-up wheat bag :-D

Good excuse for a lazy afternoon....... I'm taking my red cheeks & the wheatbag off to bed...... I have a good book to read.

PS... the acupuncture man told me my muscles were (funny word, can't remember) .... and the problems in my hip are caused by my cold backside!!

PPS... This is NOT an April Fool's joke :-D :-D :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 1 Apr 2014 03:49

So, wearing fleecy knickers should do the job, Lady S? :-D I had acupuncture once on my swollen knee and afterwards I got up like a spring chicken so I have great faith in it. Hope it works for you. BCXX

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Apr 2014 04:42

I got bored :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I might go and sprawl on the sofa :-D

I have another appointment next Tuesday......... I think I'll need at least one more after that...... I'm still sore, but it's not as painful as yesterday.

Fleecy knickers? I'd have to look for them online....... we live in the sub-tropics, I don't think there's a pair of fleecy knickers within cooee of us.

I turned the kitchen calendar over this morning....... quite funny, considering...... a photo of two "oldies" with walking sticks....... the caption..... "I'd have a nice bottom if I didn't feel so lame doing the exercises that improve bottoms"

I know the feeling ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Apr 2014 09:44

Himself got home ........ asked me how I got on with the needleman

So I mooned him :-D

He laughed himself silly......... sorry, sillier........... then took a closer look........

The red blobs are now big blue bruises!!!

What a shame I can't show them off.... I could, but I won't!

Merlin

Merlin Report 1 Apr 2014 13:48

So you have added a few more Moons to the Universe, are you going to name them? :-D :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Apr 2014 15:15

I had accupuncture by my Gp 10 years ago for a painful lower back. Scoring 9 first appointment on the pain scale. After 3rd session, pain score was 6. At the end of session 5 pain was gone. had it done weekly and was free of charge on the NHS.

never had any after effects or bruising just was so able to bend and stretch pain free.Truly wonderful, non invasive treatment.

Would recomend it to anyone suffering with pain, so much better than loads of painkiller tablets that mess up your system.

Of course in some areas it wont be free and not sure what you would have to pay. Just so happened my GP was a fully trained accupuncturist.

Hope your cheeks Lady S are improving!
Florence
in the hebrides. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2014 15:30

You can bet whatever you will Florence that it won't be free in England. :-)

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Apr 2014 16:50

I have remote acupuncture.

I must find that voodoo doll and throttle it.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Apr 2014 22:25

My hip isn't hurting so much this morning :-D

The acupuncture was fine, didn't hurt at all, it was the cupping that was weird. I still have the red marks/turning into bruises on my cheeks :-D

He was recommended to me by several friends......... he's sort of "New Age", so not covered by health insurance........ $95 a visit! While lying (face down) on the bench I was listening to whales singing :-D... very soothing, but I would have enjoyed it more if I knew the words.

Cortisone injections didn't help at all, I've been seeing a physiotherapist for the last 5-6 weeks, who has helped a little bit.

No more cortisone thank you......... I'll get more cupping & needles!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Apr 2014 22:28

we're good at singing here in Wales :-D :-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Apr 2014 22:57

the whales will be migrating north soon..... I'll watch out and listen for you!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Apr 2014 23:05

Our daughter has acupuncture every week on her lower back .She has a sprained sacroiliac joint that slips sideways but due to her chemo treatment for Hodgkins she has been left with nerve damage too so its too painful for chiropractic to manipulate the joint.

She is finding the acupunture helps .Its a slow process but the pain has eased considerably .

She also has peripheral nerve damage in her hands and feet from the chemo but acupunture is helping her feet too

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Apr 2014 23:13

I had acupuncture many years ago, when we were in Germany.

The man was Chinese.

He didn't speak English, and my German was better than his (that's not saying much). We'd only been in Germany a few months at the time, I had progressed to supermarket German :-) but didn't know the words for body parts.

We communicated with hand signs, face expressions & laughing. We both laughed a lot......... he giggled!

He helped me a lot.

I 'phoned our health insurance this morning........ we're now covered for acupuncture, chiropracter, etc etc...... and most of the "New Age" practitioners around here........ but I won't be sitting in a tiny tent with billowing smoke (how does that work???)

:-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Apr 2014 04:45

Session No 2 this morning :-D

more :-) red marks on my behind :-D

Something different........ lot of needles, but with ... not sure what to call it..... sort of like electric impulses......... felt really weird.

I'm again sitting on my warmed-up wheat bag. :-D

It's nice to be "under orders" to rest for the day........... I'm off to my comfy bed now, with my wheatbag & a book.

The acupuncture man is working miracles :-D <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 Apr 2014 06:13

Great that the acupuncture is working Scozz, how I wish it was more easily and cheaply available here. I did have a trial session once and that cost me £25, it was very good but I just couldn't afford to go back for more.

I am open to any remedies that work, rather than stuffing drugs into my body.

Keep up the good work of resting after the treatment and hope the bruises are't too bad.

Lizxx

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 8 Apr 2014 12:32

Glad the treatment is helping Scozz.

I had acupuncture weekly over a period of three months a few years ago to see if it would help with migraine and insomnia. I talked to my doctor before I decided on acupuncture and she said "Go for it. It can't do any harm and might well do some good". I think it did help a bit; I was certainly more relaxed at the end of each session but there came a point when the acupuncturist and I agreed that I had probably got as much from it as I was going to get. At £30 a session I was beginning to wonder how much longer I would be able to afford it anyway.

I also think that it doesn't matter if the treatment is "alternative". So what if it's "all in the mind". If it works, it works.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Apr 2014 12:38

This is weird.

The electric impulses (or whatever they were) must have given my bum muscles a workout :-D

I feel like I've been pinched ~ hard ~ several times. Ouchy!

The red marks from the cupping aren't as fierce (red) as last week. Must be good?

I also got a herbal anti-inflammatory from him........ I've been reluctant to take the chemical one, because of possible side-effects....they can be nasty.

Tomorrow, I will be daring........... I'll try to sit on the floor and get up without help! I'll do it near the bed, in case I need to climb up something :-D

Vera ~ the acupuncture is working, it's not all in the mind (not mine). I had high hopes for the cortisone, but it made hardly any difference, very disappointing and upsetting. I had two injections, but thought that was enough, I don't want to be pumped full of steroids.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 8 Apr 2014 15:04

Scozz, I hope I didn't come over as suggesting you were imagining that the acupuncture was helping 'cos that isn't what I meant at all. Apologies if that is what it sounded like.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Apr 2014 01:10

Vera ~ No, I didn't think you were thinking it was in my mind..... but some people do. I'm just fed up with doctors, who either put me on more medication or suggest going under the knife.

I'm a bit sore this morning.....it reminds me of the first time I played squash (and I was very fit at that time)..... or as if I've spent a month in Italy getting my bum pinched.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Apr 2014 02:20

Appointment No 3 in 45 minutes........

I just got off the 'phone, wanted to make an appointment to see my GP to get a repeat prescription.... receptionist said with Easter coming up, things might get a bit busy, so she gave me an appointment this afternoon at 3.45.

Hmmmm. Wondering what I'll tell the GP about the naturopath :-D Honestly, he has helped me more in two sessions that anything the docs and cortisone injections have.

Whatever, it will be "interesting"............ I'll let you know :-D