General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Friends reunited

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2014 19:36

Anyone else had the e mail with the news that the Pankhursts are restarting FR again?

Joeva

Joeva Report 1 Apr 2014 19:43

Yes I did, but not of much interest as I don't use it now.

Maybe if it improves I may go back on it again. :-)

Island

Island Report 1 Apr 2014 20:03

Yes. They appear to have got rid of 'can you remember this from back in 2013' - unless I've gone in through the back door of course.

I hadn't looked at it for ages and think my school friends probably gave up on it too.

Graham

Graham Report 1 Apr 2014 20:06

I went on there a few days ago. It looked as if there hadn't been any activity on there in about 2 years.
Hopefully they might make it worthwhile going back on there again. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2014 20:09

The email.

April Newsletter

Hi Ann,
It's Founders Reunited at FriendsReunited.

Some of you may remember that Friends Reunited was started in July 2000 by Steve and Julie Pankhurst and their friend Jason Porter.

Well, the team are back together running Friends Reunited once again with the help of Will in support. It has been over 10 years and we are looking forward to the challenges ahead.

FriendsReunited has been through a lot of changes since we left and we feel it is time to go back to basics and do what Friends Reunited does best.

The site is already evolving. Schools, workplaces, forces and clubs are all back. There are also many popular friend groups where you can discuss all manner of subjects. Feeback has been very positive and people are flocking back to the site to see what their old (and new) friends are up to.

This is just a start with many of the old favourite features coming back and new ideas being introduced. We are actively seeking your views. Please visit the Friends Reunited Development Requests group to see what other people want and to post your own requests.

We will also be announcing an exciting new service soon. Watch this space....

Come and see whats new

Hope to see you on the site soon,

Steve, Julie, Jason and Will
The Friends Reunited Team

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Apr 2014 23:51

I gave up on that a long time ago.

I couldn't find the names of anyone I went to primary school with (in Scotland).... but I was contacted by ONE person.

She did live in the same small town, but had me mixed up with someone else.

I couldn't convince her that I didn't have a brother named Michael, nor did we have a black & white dog!

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2014 00:27

I got the email on the 31st would have normally just deleted

I joined in either 2000 or 2001 when you had to pay to contact... was it £7 a year or half year?

Not seen anything new on my schools for a few years...in the early days managed to get in touch with quite a few old friends....probably all gone to facebook now

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Apr 2014 04:23

I haven't had that email

I go on FR every 3 or 4 days .................... I still have a few friends who have stuck with them since Connections was ended, and FR is the only place where these people post.

I was on there last night, and did notice some changes in the site ........... but thoguht it was just FR messing about!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Apr 2014 06:26

I haven't had a message yet. I stopped going on the site as it became so complicated - was so much easier before the changes so I am glad if they go back to basics again

Lizx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 08:32

I wasn't bothered about going back on the site but was interested to see that Stephen and Julie were going to be involved again.

The e mail did come out from Bright solid.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Apr 2014 21:07

I went poking around on Google

It seems that Thomson, who have taken over FR, have drafted the Pankhursts and Jason Porter back .................

https://www.facebook.com/friendsreunited/posts/10152674400005884?stream_ref=10

Ron2

Ron2 Report 3 Apr 2014 21:43

Yes, the site is more or less back to it's old format and thus far more interesting (and useful). Plenty of old ex mil mates and school mates listed

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 3 Apr 2014 21:47

I might go and have a look then Ronald :-)