General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Best Old Jukebox.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 2 Apr 2014 20:31

:-D :-D :-D :-D

1950's & 1960's music.

I bet you will find a tune here that has you tapping your feet or singing?

http://www.1959bhsmustangs.com/VideoJukebox.htm

Frederick

Frederick Report 2 Apr 2014 21:02

Hi MM, Quite a selection there, Have got 250 78s and 100 45s

of that era including Here in My Heart in Nov 1952.

F. :-) :-)

Wend

Wend Report 2 Apr 2014 22:43

Brilliant Mr. M. I've just listened to Bobby Vee's 'Take Good Care of my Baby' - brought back memories of my first crush. I looked him up on FB recently - phew, thank gawd I got over him :-0 :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 2 Apr 2014 22:50

Great Site Mr Magoo :-) :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 2 Apr 2014 23:06

Wonder what he thinks of you now Wend......... ;-)

lilybids

lilybids Report 3 Apr 2014 08:09

OH lovely MR MAGOO brings back many memories for me :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Apr 2014 09:23

my era!!!!! :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 3 Apr 2014 10:37

:-D :-D :-D I grew up listening to this music. So many happy memories of family longer with us. <3

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 3 Apr 2014 10:58

Definitely my era :-D my Dad's pal had a distribution franchise for Jukebox's that took in a large part of the east coast of Scotland - I used to get my pick of all the used records :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 3 Apr 2014 12:15

Let's hear it for Les Paul & Mary Ford. Les Paul not only invented the modern electric guitar he invented multi track recording without which Pink Floyd BeachBoys and Beatles would not have got far.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 3 Apr 2014 13:00

@ OFiTG

One of my uncles company installed and serviced jukeboxes and one arm bandits. He lived in a very large house with a games room. It had a bar, juke box, one arm bandits, dart board, pool tables. We loved it as children he had a biscuit tin with old coins in so we could play all day. As we grew up we used to take all of our teenage friends, my late husband loved it too. This thread has made me stop what I was doing today, I have been on Youtube bringing back so many happy memories.

I can't remember all the details however, I think he had a success business, but decided to sell it off and concentrate on the entertainment industry.

My uncle is still alive and kicking thank God. He had a voice like Frankie Lane and he was the life and soul of any party, it was always a great musical when he was around.

I loved him as a child and love hims so much more now, they don't make them like him anymore
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 3 Apr 2014 13:03

Lovely story Paula :-) :-)