General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NO VISITORS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 4 Apr 2014 09:45

IN MY LAST HOSPITAL STAY ,THE BAY I WAS IN HAD 7 OF US IN IT,IN THE
BED NEXT TO ME WAS AN OLD LADY OF 90+ IN THE TWO WEEKS I WAS THERE SHE NEVER HAS A VISITOR APART FROM A BLOKE ABOUT FORTY HE CAME IN AN SAID,,"HI GRAN I'M ***** OH YES WE NEVER MET I LIVE ABOUT 5 MILES FROM YOU" HE THEN TOOK HIS PHONE OUT AND SHOWED HER THE PHOTO'S OF HIS BOYS ,HER GREAT GRANDSONS ,,,LOOKED AT THE TIME AND SAID "OH WELL NICE MEETING YOU BYE",
HE WALKED OUT TIME SPENT WITH HIS GRAN ,MAX 10 MINS,,,,TIME GRAN ASLEEP ALL THE TIME,,,,,THIS WAS HER GRANDSON ,,,,,I WOULD OF CRIED
BUT SHE WASN'T THE ONLY ONE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SO SAD

Joeva

Joeva Report 4 Apr 2014 10:23

:-( :-( :-(

I wonder how he knew where to find his grandmother.....

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Apr 2014 11:13

When our daughter was in hospital there was a lady two beds down that never had visitors . Think she would feel awkward with the conversations going on around her with the other patients visitors that she would get up and go out to a patients lounge.

Daughter said she didn't have any close family living in the area .

I felt for her so one day as she got up to leave i said don't go come and join us she protested a bit but we pulled up a chair and said come on

Well the conversation that went on was hilarious. We even had to be told to be a bit quieter because we were laughing so much ,

She told our daughter after we had gone that it was the best time she had had in years .

Two days later our daughter was discharged and although she did write to the lady she didn't get any reply . We often talk about her and wondered what happened to her

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 4 Apr 2014 14:31

this is so sad
but families just don't live close no more
but 5 miles in this case isn't fa

r I bet when she dies they all come running :-( :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Apr 2014 14:45

you're so right Joy - where there's a will there's a relative as they say!!!

it'll come back to bite them on the bum one day when they are old themselves

Merlin

Merlin Report 4 Apr 2014 14:51

Joy, sad as it may be, its surprising what comes out of the woodwork in cases like that :-( :-(