General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Poor Desmond

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Apr 2014 22:50

Having been a bit busy elsewhere, I haven't been shopping this week and we only have a couple of sachets of cat meat left and they are the ones he doesn't like much so I know he won't eat them if he can help it.

Because my cat is not spoiled in any way, I suggested OH should open a tin of pilchards for him.

O dear! You would think I had asked the little furry varmint to subsist on his own tail!
The looks of utter disdain,, the sulking, the untouched bow of pilchard beside the untouched bowl of cheap cat food.

SupposeI had better go shopping tomorrow!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Apr 2014 01:16

Well, if he's really hungry, he'll eat it - or go catch is own :-|

He should be grateful you give him sachets. If it was tinned, he'd have whole days where he didn't like it!

I give mine dry food along with the 'wet' food (third of a tin in the morning, a sachet each in the evening). One cat is a perfect 'midget' - small, but perfectly formed, with the right amount of fat. Another is very - no, extra - long and skinny, and the third has vague 'disability' issues - bent, stunted tail and non-retractable claws - and fat!
One of them must be being fed 'right'!
Even with 3 cats, there are days when none of them like what I've given them. I realise that they don't understand that I've gone to a horrible job to earn pennies to feed them, but I'd like to have days like theirs - sleeping 15 - 20 hours a day sounds very tempting.
:-S

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 6 Apr 2014 01:23

I have a neighbour who insists on feeding my cats.....I am sure he thinks they are his.....most annoying, so I have to make sure we feed them before he can get his hands on them......mine are quite choosy too so it doesn't do to run out or the cat thief will get them :-(......what I can't understand is.....if they like cats so much, why don't they get one of their own?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Apr 2014 01:46

I never though about others feeding Mister (the fat one), he's the vaguely disabled one - and bog ugly - but very affectionate if you can stand his un-retracted claws 'paddling' you. I always keep a cushion handy :-D

He also dribbles whilst 'paddling'.........

...and due to his deformed tail quite often carries/emits a certain 'odeur'...........

Nah - I don't think anyone else is feeding him - he's just a smelly, farty glutton!!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 6 Apr 2014 14:25

But you love him Maggie!!! <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Apr 2014 17:39

Well, Chris, I wouldn't hurt him.

Love? I think he's desperately trying to make me stay at home.
All 3 have habit, especially when I'm carrying some thing heavy/awkward of (individually) walking under/just in front of me, which means I have to resort to shuffling along, so I don't tread on them.
The other 2, being of moderate/slight build/size, 'bend' and move away when my shins come into contact with them, whilst shuffling.

Mister, being of a more sturdy, solid build, actually stops me moving
:-0
It doesn't help if he's on carpet when I come into contact with him, as this means he has total stability and blocking power as he digs his claws into the carpet :-| This is when I'm likely to fall over :-| :-|