General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Talking of television programmes.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 8 Apr 2014 19:51

....my wife and I spent the weekend in Brussels last week, and got talking to a Norwegian couple in a bar. They said that Norwegians love British crime drama, especially Midsomer Murders, Morse, Frost and the like. Bob

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 8 Apr 2014 19:56

was a thing on Breakfast telly a few weeks ago where all the countries were over here watching endless tv shows and deciding what to buy for their tv companies and they said the Norwegians love british stuff and if they show American shows they dont get many viewers

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 8 Apr 2014 20:02

likewise the Brits like Scandinavian crime drama - The Bridge, Borgen, The Killing, Wallander etc.
Personally I love the (Italian) Inspector Montalbano series.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Apr 2014 20:27

When I was in Belgium I met some people who were crazy about Fawlty Towers

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Apr 2014 03:38

We met some German people who loved Fawlty Towers.... they were amazed at Basil "getting away" with stomping around in the episode when he was concussed & they had German guests......... it wouldn't be allowed on a German program.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Apr 2014 08:33

in a parody of words...........
"well they would be, wouldn't they?"
don't mention der vor!

Kim Annette

Kim Annette Report 9 Apr 2014 18:57

I was in Budapest in Hungary and was watching Bondi Vet.. and Outback Truckers.. I had a good laugh as it had voiceovers in Hungarian.... :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Apr 2014 19:38

We sat in a Namibian game lodge and watched 'One Foot in the Grave'.

That was a waste of an air fare!