General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For those interested in The London Marathon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 10 Apr 2014 13:27

The annual London Marathon takes place this weekend on Sunday 13 April. It is one of the largest mass-participation events in the world, with more than 35,000 people taking part each year, as well as attracting thousands of spectators along the route.

The route runs from Greenwich to The Mall via Charlton, Woolwich, Deptford, Rotherhithe, Bermondsey, Wapping, Shadwell, the Isle of Dogs, Poplar, Tower Hill, Embankment and Westminster.

Links for details of the route and travel disruption can be found here:-

http://info.tfl.gov.uk/re?l=D0I9xpq87I2vblmheIp

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 10 Apr 2014 14:11

A nightmare on the streets of South London. Certain parts of completely cut off.

I always worried about my mother when she was alive, because if anything had happened and she (and many other elderly people) needed an ambulance how in earth would one get to her. She lived on the actual route.

I live just off, never make plans for the day of the marathon as unless I go out at around 6am and do not come home until late in the afternoon, I am stuck......

Yes it is great to watch on the telly, and I worked for the very first sponsors way way back (ADT) but I do not think I would miss it.....

Graham

Graham Report 10 Apr 2014 16:22

It's a good way of raising funds for good causes :-)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 Apr 2014 17:51

My cousin is running it for he first time, and hubby is working there taking up a BBC camera man up in his cherry picker. :-D

cuzzy is running for Age UK