General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HONEY HONEY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Apr 2014 18:32

WENT TO DISTRICT NURSE TODAY TO HAVE LEG DRESSED
AND SAW A DIFFERENT NURSE ,TOLD HER ABOUT HOW
PAINFUL IT IS AND SHE CHANGED IT FROM SILVER DRESSING
TO MANUKA HONEY SO FAR NOT PAINFUL BUT SHE WANTS TO
INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF BANDAGES AGAIN ,TRYING NOT TO
AS THE AMOUNT WAS UNCOMFORTABLE AND MADE IT ALL ITCHY
BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT ANNOYED ME ,I HAD A FRIEND WITH ME
THE NURSE DIDN'T SPEAK TO ME DIRECTLY OR LOOK AT ME BUT
TO MY FRIEND,,,HEY EXCUSE ME ,,,,,,,,,,,I MAY BE IN A WHEELCHAIR
I MAY HAVE A BAD LEG ,,BUT I'M HERE ,I CAN SEE YOU,,I CAN HEAR YOU
I AM CAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ,,,SO PLEASE
LOOK AT ME ,NOT HER,

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 10 Apr 2014 19:42

Hi Dizzy,

Hope the Manuka works well for you. There are varying strengths of manuka honey. I had the same experience with a Doctor but from the other side . I had driven my Dad to visit the Oncologist and went into the appointment with him, to my great embarrassment, the Doctor kept looking and talking to me - not my Dad. I tried not to look at the Doctor and willed her to 'talk' to my Dad. When we got out of the appointment, my Dad asked why the Doctor kept talking to me.....

I wish I had spoken to the Doctor about it....

Take care,

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Apr 2014 20:14

I've heard wonderful things about manuka honey

so disrespectful to be talking over you Dizzi

michael2

michael2 Report 11 Apr 2014 10:43

sorry to hear that the nurse was talking over you it seems the norm these days I just tell I can bloody talk you know it's so rude. hope the honey work's love Michael. xx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 16 Apr 2014 21:34

HONEY DIDNT WORK MADE THINGS WORSE''

BACK ON SILVER DRESSING, LOVE DIZZ <3 <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 16 Apr 2014 21:47

Hi Dizzi. I do hope your leg heals soon. What did the nurse say about you having so much pain with the silver dressing. x

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 17 Apr 2014 23:18

Hello Dizzi,
I havent spoken to you before and I don't know what is wrong with you but when I saw your thread about Manuka honey I thought to myself that will sort it out. My OH went into hospital in feb and if they had operated that night he was going to have one possible both legs amputated. Something thank god made them try the honey first. He had a artuary bi pass in the one leg 10 days later. We still have a long way to go. I hope they can sort some dressing out that suits you.
Take care
Anne