General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Our cat Piglet

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Apr 2014 13:02

I have just returned from the vet, where we had to have Piglet put to sleep.

Now he was a miserable little so and so, and really was OH's cat, but I am devastated.

He was 16 and had had a great life and was spoilt rotten.

Now sitting here with a packet of chocolate digestives to console myself and yes I will eat the whole pack.....

<3 :-( <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Apr 2014 13:18

Poor old Piglet , but he is now out of any pain he was in.

We know the devastation of losing a much loved pet

I am still making daily visits to the vet with our cat Mirabelle .been over six weeks now . She is 18 and on a short straw we think.

You will feel the loss of him but try to remember the good times and how much you all gave to each other .

<3

Island

Island Report 12 Apr 2014 13:39

That's so sad DC. Our pets are part of the family and 16 years is a lot to miss.

I miss our doggie visitor after just one night :-0

Enjoy those biscuits :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 Apr 2014 13:45

Lash out £ 2 for a copy of Doris Lessing's "On Cats" and you'll feel a bit better. The loss of a cat is always a terrible tear in the warp and weft of everyday life, I always hate it.

http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4859165-particularly-cats

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/On-Cats-Doris-Lessing-Used-Good-Book-/310921647053?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item48645fd3cd

<3

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Apr 2014 13:50

My Desmond is the most cuddly cat I have ever known. Totally devoted to me and was always two steps behind me, so much so that I always said we had a six legged animal in our house called the Meandmond.

He is on thyroid medication now he is thirteen and has irregular heartbeat and I live in absolute dread of his demise.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Apr 2014 14:09

So sorry to hear your news DC it is always hard to lose a much loved pet, they leave a large hole in our lives. <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 12 Apr 2014 14:16

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

<3

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 12 Apr 2014 14:34

Awwwww......... :-\

Hugs to go with your biccies DC.

)))HUGS((( <3 <3 <3

His pawprints will be imprinted on your heart.

GinN

GinN Report 12 Apr 2014 16:59

So sorry to hear about poor Piglet, DC. It's an awful decision to have to make, though the kindest.
My own cat is now 16 years old, and although still healthy and a feisty little s*d, I know that it's something I will be facing in the future.

Thinking of you, Lynda <3 <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2014 22:24

poor you and poor Piglet :-(

I dread the day when my Caddy pops his paws - my son has recently lost his two dogs within a matter of weeks - the house is so empty

as has been said, animals are part of the family and my cat is more precious to me than many in my family :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Apr 2014 06:22

Sorry to read your news of Piglet, it's the price we pay for loving them and having them allow us to care for them, but it's always such a hard loss to take. At least you have the comfort of knowing your did your best for Piglet and gave him a wonderful life.

Hope the biscuits helped.

Lizx

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 14 Apr 2014 08:47

Thany you all for your kind thoughts and messages. I was not online yesterday, was still a bit weepy.

But feeling a great deal better now. And have been pestered by our remaining cat Tedward (Teddy Bear) for food.

<3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Apr 2014 07:15

Aah, h e wants to comfort eat too,