General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What has happened to my chips :-(

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 13 Apr 2014 14:47

I am partial to a well known brand of frozen crinkle cut chips produced by an aunt ;-)

Once I get home from the supermarket I empty the chips into a plastic box and put the box in my freezer.

I usually struggle a bit to get the lid on the box, however yesterday no such problem. because the level the chips came up to was quite a bit below where they used to come up to.

Will be paying more attention to the weight on groceries I buy from now on :-|

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Apr 2014 15:49

It's the same with lots of products these days so that the supermarkets can sell at the same price.

The pound shops actually negotiate with producers to make smaller products (for example chocolate and biscuits etc.) so that they can keep the price at £1. At one time the pound shop near us sold packs of 4 chocolate bars for a pound. The last time I bought them the pack size had gone down to 3 bars.

I used to buy cheese in 250 gram blocks at the supermarket but now they are 200 grams for the same price and it's the same with cereal boxes - used to be 375 grams but now 325 grams.

Kath. x

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 13 Apr 2014 15:59

What a liberty!!

:-| :-| :-|

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Apr 2014 20:06

fort u ment this one!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgbdnx_where-are-my-chips_na

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Apr 2014 21:11

It is a real con isn't it? Pay the same price for less and they can get away with it legally.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 Apr 2014 22:34

We had this very discussion in our house last week too.

Not frozen chips but,.....Coca Cola!

2L bottles are being phased out and replaced with 1.75L.

Full price for the current 2L is £2.05
Full Price for 1.75L is £1.85

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Apr 2014 23:20

We get soft drink in boxes........ used to be 12 cans........ no idea when they snuck in the metric boxes of 10....... for the same price.

:-(