General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bah Bah Black...... er?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Apr 2014 10:07

A friend dropped over this afternoon.

She went out on the back deck, came in with a shocked look on her face.

"One of your neighbours has sheep!"

I joined her on the deck....... trying to see into other gardens.

Then she said "That's it! Can you hear the bah baaah?"

I broke it to her gently....... "That's a crow"

:-D

I don't think they sound the same at all ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Apr 2014 10:15

My phone used to ring in the garden for a few years until the starling died.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Apr 2014 11:47

I think it was the Trimtone phone that starlings used to mimic, don't hear it these days. Probably too many different ring tones.

I can't say that I ever thought a crow sounds like a sheep! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Apr 2014 12:36

I'm afraid there is a starling in this neighbourhood who still does the trimphone :-(

I thought I heard a duck on Sunday - turns out it was a crow with a bad throat :-D

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 14 Apr 2014 12:53

I once had to wake up OH in a panic when the car burglar alarm went off early one morning - but it was the starlings!

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 14 Apr 2014 14:13

Quite some years back, I was just about to get into my car, when I heard a mobile phone ringing in a tree next to the parking lot.Turns out it was a Jay! they are great mimics.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Apr 2014 15:05

my Mum called me down to her house one day - "There's a bird trapped in the house somewhere" she said - it was the smoke alarm - the battery had run low and it was bleeping :-D