General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I knowa nuffin - Nick Clegg

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 Apr 2014 11:07

This morning I was listening to the Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg's weekly appearance on the Nick Ferrari programme on LBC Radio.

I just about choked on my cup of tea when he categorically denied that, he knew anything, before 2012, about the rumours of child abuse surrounding the late MP for Rochdale Cyril Smith :-S

Nick Clegg is the leader of the Liberal Democrats and he is also the Deputy Prime Minister, as such he probably has access to many documents held by his party and by the government.

I find his denials of not having any knowledge of this issue, not just incredible but totally unbelievable, is there nothing this man will not do or say, a man who in my opinion is a total waste of space, to try and stay in a position of authority :-|

Once again we have a politician showing that they think "Joe Public" is totally stupid - not only should Nick Clegg hang his head in shame, he should resign - NOW :-|

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Apr 2014 11:16

Very possibly, but on the other hand, it could be he was unaware of the rumours before 2012.

More importantly, where I think Clegg, his party and the Liberals before them keep getting it wrong is trying to be all things to all men, usually ending up being nothing to anyone.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Apr 2014 12:17

How do you know when a politician is telling lies?

His lips are moving.

:-(

Dermot

Dermot Report 16 Apr 2014 09:22

I try to ignore much of Mr Clegg's flannel.

Harry

Harry Report 16 Apr 2014 10:37

I was a police officer for 30 years in the north west. It was 'common knowledge' that Cyril was up to things.

As a politician he was hugely popular and was the only one who said what he thought.The difference then, albeit plainly wrongly, was that people's private lives were then considered to be their own business.

Often wondered how many of our old fashioned heroes would have stood up to the public scrutiny of today.

Happy days