General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lions missed out on a roast dinner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 19 Apr 2014 14:40

A family was left with nowhere to run when their car caught fire - in the lion enclosure at Longleat Safari Park.

Rangers managed to rescue a woman and two children from the vehicle before it burst into flames.

Visitor George Lear, who saw the drama unfold, said: "The lions just kept their distance and didn't take their eyes off the fire and smoke.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-27078566

Island

Island Report 19 Apr 2014 14:51

I read this earlier. Worst nightmare!

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 19 Apr 2014 15:23

It must have been a frightening experience for the occupants of the car, if your car goes on fire that can be quite alarming on its own, but to be in the lion enclosure when it occurred, is not something I would want to experience, I found it scary enough when the monkeys tried to wrench the roof bars of my Freelander the last time I went to Longleat :-(