General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another silly idea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Apr 2014 15:32

Because Fred was known by all the village not only as a light fingered gardener but as the cesspit man as well, all the children used to help, I have written to the Dennis owners club to see if one might have a tanker that would be waiting at the church hall for us.

Maybe the council will let me book half an hour of tanker time for the cremmy if that doesn't work.

OR does anybody have any ideas where I can get a tanker for the coffin?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Apr 2014 16:05

At least Fred is still keeping you occupied.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Apr 2014 17:00

sounds like a plan to me :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Apr 2014 17:29

Oh Lumme! I wish I could be there to see all this ( and say goodbye too).

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Apr 2014 00:55

......is this a cesspit tanker you're after?...............

Presumably to just be a part of the cortege?

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2014 01:10

I am afraid it is.

There won't be a cortege but I thought the tanker might come in to the crematorium when we were all expecting the hearse or could be waiting outside the hall when we go back.

Otherwise I thought about a set of drain rods on the coffin or by it.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 21 Apr 2014 02:18

Great idea if you can pull it off. If it were me I would ask anyone I could think of.

If they couldn't help I see if they "knew a man who could"

The worst that could happen is that they say no.

The drain rods are a good idea with or without the tanker

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Apr 2014 03:53

Why not ask the help of your local Councillor. A touch of humour that will bring back memories for everyone and a quirky twist to a sad occasion that will accentuate Fred's unique style of life.

I wish you luck with all your plans for Fred's finale

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2014 09:39

Oh wow!

I think I have found the music to take him in on.

"Whence is that goodly fragrance flowing."

Appropriate for the cesspit man?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Apr 2014 09:45

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Apr 2014 09:51

:-D.

If the tanker dont pull off,,,,,,you could have a wheelbarrow in the village hall filled with some of his favourite flowers.....

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2014 10:02

He and his mate used to go out collecting horse dung.

Now there's a thought!

GinN

GinN Report 21 Apr 2014 10:23

This really is going to be the funeral of the century, and I'm sure Fred will appreciate his novel send off :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2014 13:12

I have a tanker.

The man who operates a private turd hearse is going to do it for me for the price of an empty and get me a set of drain rods(new ones) as well.

Funeral of the century!

I am going to look a prize prat if nobody comes!

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 21 Apr 2014 13:52

Well done Sharron - private turd hearse sounds just the ticket.

Don't worry about no one attending - I'm sure everyone who can go will.

I am now off to Goog-- Whence is that goodly fragrance flowing.

Iris

Iris Report 21 Apr 2014 13:59

sharron ,
your thread reminds me of my brother in laws funeral, he was taken from his house to the church and back again, in a wickerwork coffin ,on a trailer towed by a tractor, he was then buried in a field he owned at the bottom of his garden ....wish I was close enough to come and see fred off . take care of yourself , iris :-) :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Apr 2014 06:23

I think you should try and get someone to film some of these special things for Fred's send off, as there will surely be no other send off like it! I love all the things you are arranging and hope there is a good turn out, I am sure there will be especially once word spreads about the method of transport etc.

Keep your chin up and picture Fred's reaction as he watches you sort all this out for him, just as you always sorted out things to make his life better.

I would come if I could but you are too far away, sadly.

Lizxxx

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 22 Apr 2014 14:41

Wish I lived in the UK, I would def. Go to see this wonderful-sounding funeral arrangement. Bet the local paper would love to place an art. & photo of it.
It is going to be a completely unique occasion, probably make people smile,,in spite of it being a sad occasion. Fred's faithful mate must be devastated, even knowing his mate was going to die soon.Bless him-and you. Take care of yourself Sharron.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 22 Apr 2014 22:35

Sharron hope every think gos to plan for you
:-)