General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mrs Mayfield is out on the lash!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 7 Jun 2014 07:46

On my own for a couple of days “Mrs Mayfield” has gone up to the smoke for my daughter’s hen-night, wondering when it started to be a “tradition” when we tied the knot only the groom went to the pub and got rat-a****d the night before, which I have always felt was a bit juvenile, in fact I didn’t even bother with one myself.

Now even Mum goes along and stags ask the father in law to join them to go paint balling or visit the fleshpots of Eastern Europe! It just mystifies me. :-S

Any way it’s just me and the tortoises, for a couple of days sadly no George (My Avatar) to share a Chicken Korma with any more. :-(

Coping quite well, I got the Dyson out and left it to get on with cleaning but it just sits where I put it, do I have to plug it in or push some button before it will get to work?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jun 2014 08:44

Lol, no, just talk to it nicely, do what you prefer doing and, as usual when you get back it will have magically done the work all on its own.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 7 Jun 2014 10:09

Thank you ann that’s very reassuring :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jun 2014 10:28

I always attached mine to an old man in a wheelchair.

Now I don't have one of those anymore I have been unable to use it.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 8 Jun 2014 19:31

She's back and I think the hoover is back to normal automatic operation! :-D