General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Village Lunch Should I?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jun 2014 07:20

Yesterday I brought Fred home.

He is currently in the back of my car which is pretty appropriate, if ever there was a back-seat driver it was Fred, I never did really get the hang of driving!

Now, on Thursday it is the village lunch and I am thinking about taking his coffee jar thing that he currently resides within to the church hall with me. It won't be out on open display but I just thought it might be a silly little gesture.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Jun 2014 07:50

Why not I would. Well I took Mum for a day out in Cartagena before her cruise.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 17 Jun 2014 08:07

Take it if you want to as long as no one else sees. Whatever feels good to you.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jun 2014 08:12

Do you think they would find it disturbing?

Jane

Jane Report 17 Jun 2014 08:27

LOL Sharron.This has made me smile :-D.I'm sure it will make some of the folk smile too.Maybe not all though.Fred might enjoy his little trip to his old friends :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Jun 2014 08:27

They won't if you don't tell them.

Fred would probably laugh at the idea.

:-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jun 2014 08:32

Can you imagine me keeping my trap shut about it?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jun 2014 09:13

you have to take him with you - and I'm sure they all know you like we do and they'll be pleased he's turned up <3 <3 <3 <3

Kay????

Kay???? Report 17 Jun 2014 09:21

oh my what if you dropped him and he ended up floating in mid air in clouds of dust,,,,,,,,, :-D :-D :-D.more so if he got in the hair of the old dears,,,,,,,,,,I would be in hysterics of laughter,,,,,,, :-D :-D :-D :-D.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jun 2014 10:15

He couldn't do that before he died!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2014 10:15

There are those Sharron who may find it too close for comfort as they are heading that way.

Take him if you wish in a zipped bag.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 17 Jun 2014 11:51

You could take it and say it's Fred's last visit, I bet they miss him too.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 17 Jun 2014 12:58

It may upset some people, especially someone else recently bereaved, that's why I said keep it hidden.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jun 2014 20:56

There is nobody recently bereaved there..

I could probably tell you now who will be there and they all know us. I think I might just take him in the shopping bag.

His mate might take him over to the sausage sandwich emporium on the bus tomorrow on the bus.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jun 2014 21:19

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Jun 2014 05:24

Definitely take him! Everyone knows you well and will take the gesture in the spirit (pardon the pun) it is intended.

Good old Fred, you can't keep a good man down (or his daughter lol)

Lizxx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 18 Jun 2014 09:15

Take him in your zipped bag, see how the atmosphere is, who's there etc and decided on the day whether you show him off or not....which ever let us know what happens :-)

How are the dish cloths coming along??

jude

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jun 2014 09:22

The cotton has not come yet.

I am about to start another lavender pillow for somebody.

Fred's mate was asking if he should get a sausage sandwich and a cup of tea for him. Like, open the jar and put it in.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 18 Jun 2014 09:31

Love lavender :)

Oh my god l nearly wet me knickers then...can just imagine the old dears, some would probably have a fit seeing that...lol ;-)...be interesting thats for sure...lol

jude

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jun 2014 09:43

He was quite lucky to get a funeral at all.

The idea all along when he was alive, like we told him this, was that he should be pitched head first into the digester cone so we could use his legs to grow runner beans.