General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

England 1 Dulce de Leche 0

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 20:57

World Cup latest. England look like getting 3 points tomorrow in their Word Cup qualifier against Uruguay. Opposition my be caramelised

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-27889343

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Jun 2014 21:08

It h'aint over till the fat lady sings.

:-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 21:08

Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray), Martin Silva (Vasco da Gama), Rodrigo Munoz (Libertad).

Defenders: Maximiliano Pereira (Benfica), Diego Lugano (West Bromwich Albion), Diego Godin, *Jose Maria Gimenez (both Atletico Madrid)*, Sebastian Coates (Liverpool), Martin Caceres (Juventus), Jorge Fucile (Porto).

Midfielders: Alvaro Gonzalez (Lazio), Alvaro Pereira (Sao Paulo), Walter Gargano (Parma), Egidio Arevalo Rios (Morelia), Diego Perez (Bologna), Cristian Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), *Gaston Ramirez (Southampton)*, Nicolas Lodeiro (Botafogo).

Forwards: *Luis Suarez (Liverpool)*, Edinson Cavani (Paris St-Germain), Abel Hernandez (Palermo), *Diego Forlan (Cerezo Osaka)*, Christian Stuani (Espanyol).

* Ones JustJohn has heard of.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 21:20

England team announced by Roy Hodgson for tomorrow:

Goal - Bertram Williams (Wolves)
RB - Alfred Ramsey (Spurs)
LB - John Aston (Manchester U)
RH - William Nicholson (Spurs)
CH - William Ambrose-Wright (Wolves)
LH - James Dickenson (Portsmouth)
OR - Thomas Finney (Preston North End)
IR - Stanley Mortensen (Blackpool)
CF - John Milburn (Newcastle U)
IL - Wilfred Mannion (Middlesbrough)
OL - James Mullen (Wolves)

Substitutes: Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Raheem Sterling

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Jun 2014 22:22

John,...........that sounds a bit like de ja vu...................

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 23:00

That was roughly the team that lost to USA in 1950 World Cup, Bob. In a long line of great British heroes. They played the game and played it well. The USA played the game and kicked the whatsits out of them. :-D ;-)

Plenty of nostalgia though looking at those names, isn't there.

Kense

Kense Report 19 Jun 2014 11:26

I hope the Uruguayans have managed to get their dulce de leche. I want our win to be on footballing merit.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Jun 2014 13:49

That dulce de leche sounds really nice. Same effect as England team downing a couple of cans of Newcy Brown, I expect. ;-)

Kense

Kense Report 19 Jun 2014 14:41

I think I would prefer Nutella to that dulce stuff.

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Jun 2014 14:55

My brain is awash with football facts & figures. I had to say 'no' when my buddy from down the road promised to bring over a few tins to watch tomorrow's game on my 'larger' screen.

Her in-doors kept waving a large blunt knife in my direction - so, I hurriedly ended the phone call.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Jun 2014 15:01

Would her indoors be happier with a nice polite man with an unusual shirt collar and some tubes of Dulce de Leche.

I only want to watch Japan/Greece today so will see you about 1045, Dermot :-D ;-) Is it still flooded over your side of the Channel?

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Jun 2014 15:12

The last person to visit me while wearing, amongst other items, a strange back-to-front collar was our local PP waving a collection canister in my direction.

With a kick in the chins from herself in doors, I suddenly remembered that this was a golden opportunity to get rid of all my foreign coins I had stacked inside the front door since 'trick or treat' night.

He was happy; so was I. And my ankle is much better now. Thanks for asking.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Jun 2014 16:12

CU later. Thats an invitation in my book. :-D :-D

Kense

Kense Report 20 Jun 2014 08:37

I hope the Italians are getting enough ice cream and pasta to ensure they achieve great victories over the other two teams.

:-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 20 Jun 2014 08:46

Sure I saw loads of Dulce de Leche on Uruaguayan bench last night. Luis's mouth was dripping with chocolate :-(

One thing I learned last night was that Uruguay (who were only slightly lucky to win) have a smaller population than Scotland and about same as Wales. Yes, England had nearly 70% of possession and would have won that match 7 times out of 10 in my view, but you never got the impression that a country of about 60m (the traditional home of football) was playing a poor country with about 3m pop, did you?