General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

England 1 Dulce de Leche 0

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 20:57

World Cup latest. England look like getting 3 points tomorrow in their Word Cup qualifier against Uruguay. Opposition my be caramelised

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-27889343

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Jun 2014 21:08

It h'aint over till the fat lady sings.

:-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 21:08

Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray), Martin Silva (Vasco da Gama), Rodrigo Munoz (Libertad).

Defenders: Maximiliano Pereira (Benfica), Diego Lugano (West Bromwich Albion), Diego Godin, *Jose Maria Gimenez (both Atletico Madrid)*, Sebastian Coates (Liverpool), Martin Caceres (Juventus), Jorge Fucile (Porto).

Midfielders: Alvaro Gonzalez (Lazio), Alvaro Pereira (Sao Paulo), Walter Gargano (Parma), Egidio Arevalo Rios (Morelia), Diego Perez (Bologna), Cristian Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), *Gaston Ramirez (Southampton)*, Nicolas Lodeiro (Botafogo).

Forwards: *Luis Suarez (Liverpool)*, Edinson Cavani (Paris St-Germain), Abel Hernandez (Palermo), *Diego Forlan (Cerezo Osaka)*, Christian Stuani (Espanyol).

* Ones JustJohn has heard of.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 21:20

England team announced by Roy Hodgson for tomorrow:

Goal - Bertram Williams (Wolves)
RB - Alfred Ramsey (Spurs)
LB - John Aston (Manchester U)
RH - William Nicholson (Spurs)
CH - William Ambrose-Wright (Wolves)
LH - James Dickenson (Portsmouth)
OR - Thomas Finney (Preston North End)
IR - Stanley Mortensen (Blackpool)
CF - John Milburn (Newcastle U)
IL - Wilfred Mannion (Middlesbrough)
OL - James Mullen (Wolves)

Substitutes: Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Raheem Sterling

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Jun 2014 22:22

John,...........that sounds a bit like de ja vu...................

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Jun 2014 23:00

That was roughly the team that lost to USA in 1950 World Cup, Bob. In a long line of great British heroes. They played the game and played it well. The USA played the game and kicked the whatsits out of them. :-D ;-)

Plenty of nostalgia though looking at those names, isn't there.

Kense

Kense Report 19 Jun 2014 11:26

I hope the Uruguayans have managed to get their dulce de leche. I want our win to be on footballing merit.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Jun 2014 13:49

That dulce de leche sounds really nice. Same effect as England team downing a couple of cans of Newcy Brown, I expect. ;-)

Kense

Kense Report 19 Jun 2014 14:41

I think I would prefer Nutella to that dulce stuff.

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Jun 2014 14:55

My brain is awash with football facts & figures. I had to say 'no' when my buddy from down the road promised to bring over a few tins to watch tomorrow's game on my 'larger' screen.

Her in-doors kept waving a large blunt knife in my direction - so, I hurriedly ended the phone call.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Jun 2014 15:01

Would her indoors be happier with a nice polite man with an unusual shirt collar and some tubes of Dulce de Leche.

I only want to watch Japan/Greece today so will see you about 1045, Dermot :-D ;-) Is it still flooded over your side of the Channel?

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Jun 2014 15:12

The last person to visit me while wearing, amongst other items, a strange back-to-front collar was our local PP waving a collection canister in my direction.

With a kick in the chins from herself in doors, I suddenly remembered that this was a golden opportunity to get rid of all my foreign coins I had stacked inside the front door since 'trick or treat' night.

He was happy; so was I. And my ankle is much better now. Thanks for asking.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Jun 2014 16:12

CU later. Thats an invitation in my book. :-D :-D

Kense

Kense Report 20 Jun 2014 08:37

I hope the Italians are getting enough ice cream and pasta to ensure they achieve great victories over the other two teams.

:-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 20 Jun 2014 08:46

Sure I saw loads of Dulce de Leche on Uruaguayan bench last night. Luis's mouth was dripping with chocolate :-(

One thing I learned last night was that Uruguay (who were only slightly lucky to win) have a smaller population than Scotland and about same as Wales. Yes, England had nearly 70% of possession and would have won that match 7 times out of 10 in my view, but you never got the impression that a country of about 60m (the traditional home of football) was playing a poor country with about 3m pop, did you?