General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not that you are aware.but thankyou

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 24 Jun 2014 17:05

Hello all,
Not that you are aware but this board has kept me sane for the last six months. OH became ill boxing day,in just 6 weeks from being a healthy man he had became chair bound, not even being able to make it to the bathroom which is downstairs, and didn't even respond to me holding his hand.
To be honest I came on here for support as I know the "genes family" always support each other but I read Michaels post and felt like I couldn't post as my problems were far less then his. How in those endless days/nights of jan/feb I managed I don't know. Overnight I became a career and not a wife.
A 3 week stay and a 7 hr operation in march saved both his legs which they thought would both have to be amputated. Now he is still left with a leg wound which is about 4 inches, lots of pain and at the moment he is on antibotics. Still very week and sleeps a lot during the day. We have good days and bad days. Yesterday I could of screamed but instead came and read the boards and thought there are so many people with bigger worries then me I can keep going. How careers cope I don't know it is hard going for me and my OH is mobile (sortish)

Take care all
Anne x

Von

Von Report 24 Jun 2014 17:09

Thinking of you Ann <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2014 17:17

it's tough isn't it Anne - but hey - you've still got him <3 <3 <3 <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jun 2014 17:20

Anne

Sending you lots of cyber hugs

OH too has his problems and at times i have broken my silence on this and the genes members have responded with good advice and cyber hugs

Our OH who are our right arm do at times get us into panic mode cos we think the worse but genuine cyber hugs do help

Its a scary thing when we realize we are all human with an allotted time .

My mum was very of the whats meant to be will be and we all have our time

Its hard trying to surport close family whilst at times trying to keep ourselves on even keel

Sending you my best wishes .

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 24 Jun 2014 17:26

Anne stay strong as best you can. Remember to take time for you
and enjoy the good days together.
My OH is my carer and I count my blessings everyday, he's had to put up
with a lot over the years when I've been in pain.

Emma <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2014 17:35

Anne, why on earth didn't you PM me, even if Michael's problems are great and we are all supporting him that is not to say yours are any less. You know you can PM me any time.

I am so sorry to hear about your OH's illness and pleased that they have saved his legs. I hope that the antibiotics cure whatever is the problem and that his health will continue to improve.

Please do feel free to PM me, you know I am always here for you. <3

Fly

Fly Report 24 Jun 2014 18:33

Ann it's hard being a carer <3 I also come and read the boards and it does help :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 24 Jun 2014 18:36

Hello Anne.....we all have our problems, all different but all as important to US, who ever we are...does that make sense?

l have alot of support on here re my sister who has alzheimers, l get so frustrated sometimes....grrrr

So pleased coming on here helps you, it certainly helps me.
And we are aware now ;-) ;-), which is good, will keep popping in to see how you are.

What a relief your OH did'nt lose his legs, positive thoughts the wounds heal, Keep your chin up :-) :-)

jude x

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Jun 2014 18:58

Aw Anne what a terrible time for you both, but you know there are plenty of people on here that will give support to you at any time, there is room for anyone to share their problems..whatever they are.

I know a little of what you must be feeling and I also decided not to post on M's thread as I felt it too close to home after losing my lovely dad around Xmas, and I was a bit of a mess.

However through friends on here giving me time, space and a gentle nudge I have started to post again regularly. So please whenever you need to chat there is always someone willing to listen. <3 <3

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 24 Jun 2014 19:08

Hello all,

This is the response that I knew I would get once I unloaded myself. Ann in Cardiff and golden girl, yes I do still have him around which I certainly didn't think that would be the case and when he is doing so little I think No I mustn't complain I am lucky he is doing what he is doing. Shirley I think I have read your messages and noted the support you have. Jude .alzelmers is a awful condition my late m in law had it and I wouldn't be surprised if OH has the beginnings of it. Ann I Know I could of PM you but we all have busy lives and didn't want to be a nuisance.

Anne x

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Jun 2014 19:14

You would never be a nuisance Anne...there is no need to feel alone. <3 <3

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 24 Jun 2014 19:15

Sorry to hear that you and your OH have been having a tough time of it, and I hope things improve for you, albeit slowly and surely.
It really isn't easy being a carer, so don't be hesitant about posting on here when you feel you need some support, or a chat...we all need to at times.
The great thing about GR is that we're like one big family in times of need and there's always someone who will lend an ear and offer a few words of encouragement to make your day feel just that bit better :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Jun 2014 19:20

Oh Ann,,

I'm sorry to read that,,,,,,,,please dont for one minute think that your problems are any less than anyones elses when you are faced with fear,yours was for your husband,,,,,,and facing things alone in the night are just the worse ever......sorry you had a bad day yesterday,,,,,but glad its prompted you to post and chat about it and hope you are getting good support from the right people,,,, <3

lilybids

lilybids Report 24 Jun 2014 19:27

Anne my thoughts are with you keep strong <3 :-)

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 24 Jun 2014 19:35

Ann everyone and their problems are important in different ways and the more you worry and keep it all to yourself the worse it seems. Come and chat whenever you want about whatever you want, there will always be someone on here to listen.

Wendy xx

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 24 Jun 2014 19:43

Stay strong, Ann,

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Jun 2014 19:44

So sorry to hear about your troubles Ann....we all have a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on..........sending you and your OH lots of positive thoughts and hope you enjoy the boards as much as you can <3 <3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 24 Jun 2014 19:49

Ann ...we all feel for you..most of us on here have had support from time to time from other members.
There are things we can put on the boards that we try to keep to ourselves in our daily lives,but to unload your worries to others on here who understand what we go through.
I had loads of support while caring for my late husband,as you keep a smiley face for them even though your heart is aching.
I have had support for my 2 really poorly great granddaughters who are now improving.
Don't be afraid to ask for prayers and thoughts.most of us have needed to talk to others from time to time.
I have been on here for 9 years and find most of us are very compassionate and genuinely caring.

Brenda xx <3

JustJean

JustJean Report 24 Jun 2014 20:02

I too had great support from the lovely folk on here three years ago, my oh had a close shave with death but I believe all the love and positive thoughts and prayers were a major part of the family getting through it and last week the miracle of celebrating my oh 80th birthday was proof of that support, so here we are ready to listen and love, so if you are down tell somebody on here it can change your life.....

love and prayers Jean xx <3 <3 <3

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 24 Jun 2014 20:04

I'M THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN,MY OH IS MY CARER FOR THE LAST 18 MONTHS,AND I MOAN ON HERE,BUT I MUST ADMIT WITHOUT HIM I WOULD
BE AN A HOME SOMEWHERE ,I KNOW I GET ON HIS NERVES ,BUT IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN ,WE ALSO HAVE A DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM,I HOPE YOUR OH CONTINUES TO IMPROVE,BUT WE THE ONE BEING LOOKED AFTER KNOW
WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH AND IT IS FRUSTRATING FOR BOTH OF YOU.
HOPE I MADE MYSELF UNDERSTANDABLE I HAVE PROBLEMS WORDING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY XXX