General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message alerts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jul 2014 13:36

Is anyone else receiving message alerts days after already receiving and opening the messages? :-S

wisechild

wisechild Report 6 Jul 2014 15:13

Yes. Since February every time I come onto the site I get a message saying I have a new message, always timed & dated for when I came onto the site.
The new message flag has been showing for months.
I have opened & answered every message I have recieved.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Jul 2014 15:19

Me too
I often come into Genes and see a message alert and read it . sometimes its response to a PM I have sent BUT it doesn't come up on my email as a message received in my inbox

Sometimes it NEVER comes in the mail box as message

Good job I roam around the internet and often come back to genes so hopefully dont miss anything

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jul 2014 20:58

have you also been alerted via email?; I have found that some how the genes message indicator wont go away until you've read your email alert
dunno why that is......though

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jul 2014 21:05

I get them all the time its because my message box is over flowing
:-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jul 2014 21:39

I have been ignoring the 3 messages showing at the top fir ages but yesterday I had two messages so the figure went up to five.bread the messages and it went down to 3 again. However I had not had the usual email to say I had messages.today I had two alerts for the messages I read yesterday. Weird.