General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

oh dear we got a parking ticket today update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 15 Jul 2014 19:24

We are new to the parking rules of the blue badge system and today we got back to the car and we had a parking ticket. Not sure why so I have appealed. We had the badge displayed. Also on the ticket it says the tax disc was obscured which it isn't, and the make of car was wrong.
It hasn't done OH confidence a lot of good as this is the only way he can get out. I think we will stick to the disabled bays from now and not parking on the road as we did today.

On a good note we are having cauli and runner beans for tea from the garden tonight.

Anne

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Jul 2014 19:31

sounds like a "jobsworth" traffic warden - fight it

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 15 Jul 2014 19:53

WATCH OUT IF EVER IN HASTINGS,
WE HAVE HAD 2 BOTH WITH BLUE BADGE DISPLAYED
THERE RIGHT B@@@@@
WE HAD PARKED 10 MINS WE COULD HAVE 3 HOURS FREE PARKING
CAR PARK HAD ONLY JUST OPENED
WE FORGOT TO DISPLAY THE CLOCK AND WENT BACK
TO DISPLAY IT,AND ALREADY GOT TICKET TRAFFIC WARDEN REFUSED
TO TALK.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 15 Jul 2014 19:56

I don't think mine gives the make of the car (garage too far away for me to go and check now!) but I thought I could use it in any car

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 15 Jul 2014 20:16

Sorry didn't make myself clear. The make of the car was on the parking ticket they issued along with the reg. Nothing to do with why we got the parking ticket.
It would of been nice if we have the said car rathy then are little thing.

The blue badge is allowed in any car.

Anne

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jul 2014 20:35

Where were you parked Anne? By Debenhams? Did you have the blue badge card the correct way up?

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 15 Jul 2014 21:12

hello Ann

No it was on the kimbrose triangle just down a bit from the book shop. they have a loading bay opposite there that we know we are not able to park in.

I think maybe because it is now a pedestrian/vehicle way we are not allowed to park there. As I said I don't know and OH has parked there a few times before when he has gone town on his own.

Anne

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jul 2014 22:14

I think when They first pedestrianised it there was quite a lot about disabled parking not being allowed down there. I haven't noticed if there are any signs to advised disabled drivers though. Maybe you could have parked round the corner by the furniture shop, not sure of the name of the road. We might be down that way on Saturday so I'll see if I can see anything.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jul 2014 23:18

A rare creature was seen in the village the other day - a traffic warden!

She was busy ticketting a car.....parked in a disabled (kerbside) space......with a blue badge on the dashboard.....outside the Doctors surgery!
Why she didn't go inside to try and find the driver/passenger, who only knows :-|

A few years ago I did politely ask one why she was giving a vehicle a ticket - she said the badge was the wrong way up but added that the car owner could appeal.
Try that AnotherAnne.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 16 Jul 2014 07:06

Where about did you park? - you don't have carte-blanche to just park anywhere.

There are restrictions as to where you are allowed to use your blue badge - some of these are time capped too and require you to set your clock with the time that you leave your car.

In general terms, you can park on yellow lines for up to three hours, but not where there are restrictions on loading or unloading.

Parking at On-street parking meters and pay-and-display machines is not usually restricted but ironically, parking at On-street disabled parking bays may have time limits too.

Signs should advise where there are restrictions in place, and your Local Authority should be able to provide information regarding disabled parking facilities in your area.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 16 Jul 2014 07:44

DEAR I,G,P

BLUE BADGE USERS PAY FULL PRICE IF YOU GO OVER 5 HOURS THAT'S
£12 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YES £12

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 16 Jul 2014 09:39

The major problem with the Blue Badge scheme is that all local councils have different rules.

It is a nightmare in London, especially for those who live in Westminster as the rules change depending on where in Westminster you are.

I have had mine now for just over a year, it is a godsend. I do not get Free parking in any carpark where you have to pay and display, you just get the benefit of parking somewhere closer to the exit etc. The benefit I have found is when I go to the chemist, local shops etc, I do not have to rely on the half a dozen or so free parking spaces, I can park on a Yellow (single or double) without the worry of the dreaded Traffic Warden.

As for the original post, if there is anything on the ticket which is wrong in relation to the details of your car ie Reg Number, then that ticket is completely INVALID and you can appeal on these grounds. And if you display your tax disc in the usual place on the left hand side of the windscreen (usually bottom) then it is attached to the screen in a holder, how on earth can that be obscured!!!!!

Now for my gripe. Supermarket car parks. My local Morrisons (and Sainsburys at Greenwich) for some reason instead of having disabled car parking (with the child one next) at all the ends of the lanes nearest to the shop, they have whole rows of just disabled. So if you get there and there is no spot close to the shop, you can end up a very long way from the shop or having to park in the regular bays, which are not a wide, thuse making access in and out of car, nigh on impossible. What idiiot thinks that a disabled car parking spot over 100 + feet from the shop is of any use to man or beast!!!

Off now to calm down....... And GOOD LUCK

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jul 2014 09:58

Anne, you say they had the make of car wrong. it has been said that you can appeal on that, did you?

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 26 Jul 2014 23:12

We had a letter come Friday to say we don't have to pay the parking ticket. Not because of the parking but because of the make of car was wrong.
We had already been back to check the road signs and we weren't allowed to park there so we were very lucky. Also when we had to visit the hospital on Friday we double checked that we could park where we did as there was no disabled bays left.

Anne

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Jul 2014 23:16

what a relief for you :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Jul 2014 09:10

One of our cars does not pay car tax as OH disabled. This has two handy effects (1) no London congestion charge (2) free parking. If I am driving it without OH ( within conditions ) I don't need a disabled space but nevertheless still get free parking. As OH not there no blue badge displayed. About half the time I get a ticket anyway 100% of which have been cancelled on appeal.

The blue badge never allows parking where there are loading restriction signs. Most LAs allow one appeal on this for new users.

It is amazing how many powerful 2 seat coupes and convertibles display a blue badge and the wonders of the NHS as the disabled passengers leap out of the seat without even needing to open the door .....

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jul 2014 09:50

Good news then Anne and a lesson for the traffic warden I suspect.

Rollo I have learnt not to 'judge a book by......' since my son in law now has a blue badge yet looks outwardly normal and healthy. :-)