General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

On sale today.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 25 Jul 2014 18:31

Went to have my car washed at the wash and leather place...

Opposite this station of foreign workers,who do a very good job.is the Supermarket..A**i....so thought I'd get a few bits and have a look round....there on sale were boxes of Christmas cards..........
Too early for me to even think about!!! S :-S

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 25 Jul 2014 20:20

Xmas cards have been on sale at a local shop for a couple of weeks now

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Jul 2014 21:16

come on gals its nearly the end of July, got to get prepared!!!

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 26 Jul 2014 10:37

You must remember that some remote places in the world the last posting dates can be in August/September.

And why not buy now when they are cheaper

I know I buy all mine for the following year, after Christmas. Have not paid full price for a Christmas card for donkeys years. And I can assure you I am very fussy about my cards. I will not send a card that I would not wish to receive myself.

Also throughout the year when out and about, should I see something that I think would make a nice present for a relative etc., will buy that and put it away for Christmas.

Come Christmas, I have loads of cards and plenty of presents to wrap, and the cost hase been spread throughout the year, no last minute panics in this house!

Smug - yes :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Jul 2014 16:24

D/C I used to do that a lot, get cards in the sales, Mum and I would shop together and get wrapping paper etc too When she died I found a stash of wrapping paper and brought it away to use.

I do still get some cards reduced if I see them but as my list goes down from older people passing away I have quite a store of cards unused now so have to hold back a bit. It does make sense tho as you can get nice cards without the huge outlay. I too pick up bits and bobs if I see something suitable for pressies - the only thing is remembering where I had put them in time for Christmas lol

Lizx