General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm a very proud grandmother FINAL UPDATE 13.7.17

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 25 Nov 2015 20:20

.. and could win a medal for bragging. My grandson is a promising young archer and has been selected to represent England in a Home Nations match. :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Nov 2015 20:22

congratulations to your grandson. Well done!!

and you're excused for being a proud grandmother :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Nov 2015 20:28

Oh well done your Grandson Vera, our daughter was once Gloucestershire junior champion at archery. Sadly she gave it up when she married. I have never forgotten going with her to choose her first bow, we walked into the 'shop' and there were bows of every description as far as we could see. I never realised there were so many different ones.

Good luck to your grandson but most of all I hope he enjoys the experience.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Nov 2015 22:32

Well done him!!! :-D :-D

kandj

kandj Report 25 Nov 2015 22:35

Congratulations to your grandson Vera. You have every right to be proud of him.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 25 Nov 2015 22:50

Well done to your grandson :-D

lavender

lavender Report 25 Nov 2015 23:22

That's wonderful!

I should be very proud too. Congratulations to him. :-D

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 26 Nov 2015 08:12

Well done that boy! :-)

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 26 Nov 2015 09:11

Thank you everyone

AnninGlos, it was interesting to read about your daughter. Once a month grandson spends a weekend at an archery performance academy in Glos., receiving special coaching. He has dispensation to have the Friday off school but it is 200 miles from where he lives so not easy for his parents to get him there and back, plus all the travel to competitions etc., and the cost of equipment is, as you probably know, horrendous. Talent doesn't come cheap.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2015 09:12

And what's wrong with a good Brag ;-) ;-) ;-). I do it too, well done to him <3

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Nov 2015 16:03

Well Done, to your Grandson.......
will look out the results with great interest......

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 26 Nov 2015 16:54

Well done to both of you :-D :-D :-D

Jane

Jane Report 26 Nov 2015 17:19

Oooh Vera ,Brag away :-D......Well done to your talented Grandson for being chosen to represent England. <3

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 27 Nov 2015 13:26

Well done to him. Our Nathan is into archery and belongs to local club the one thing he seems like he will stick at and could talk for hours on bows and arrow types.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Nov 2015 15:09

Worth encouraging Dawnie, it is a good competitive sport.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Nov 2015 15:18

he probably knows this already, but be careful of carbon fibre arrows
VERY careful
Bob

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 27 Nov 2015 18:22

Dawnie it's good that Nathan has found an activity he enjoys and I hope he gets pleasure from it for many years to come.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 29 Nov 2015 19:48

Last Wednesday my grandson spent about a quarter of an hour chatting to HRH The Princess Anne when she visited his horticultural college.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 6 Dec 2015 11:53

The junior nationals were yesterday and England came second to Scotland by one point. Well done to all the teams.

Grandson however is shooting out of his socks and I haven't stopped smiling since yesterday. He took the gold medal in the under 16 category with the highest overall score of the day and only 4 points short of the junior national record. Today he is shooting in the senior men's contest. Currently coming to the end of the qualifying round and it looks like he will almost certainly make the cut to the next round (top 32).
It's difficult to tell as his computer scoring pad has gone wrong and in the space of five minutes he was showing as 18th, 1st and 75th! He hasn't let it faze him and has stayed focused. Daughter thinks he is around 20th. Not at all bad for a 15 year old in his first major senior contest.

I am so puffed up with pride my chest is three times its normal size :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Dec 2015 12:29

well done!!!

he'll be a force to be reckoned with..........
Bob