General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Never far from my thoughts.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 31 Dec 2015 16:28

I know you must all be fed up with my tears and for that I apologize but GR has always been my release valve.

I was discussing with OH what myself and Mini would hopefully be doing this evening when the fireworks kick off and he said (helpfully) it won´t be so bad this year. The only reply I had I would rather the nightmare was still here and cried, Still crying now. even though I know it would have been such a nightmare for her and I always feared that her terror of loud bangs would set a fit off. I would rather that sitting on a cold bathroom floor with a shaking dog, than have an empty space at my side. :-(

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 31 Dec 2015 17:08

Cry as much as you need Uzzi. There is no time limit on grieving; it's the price we pay for love. When we lost our old dog 20 years ago I didn't cry much but I still miss her and think about her and I am very thankful for the years of joy we had with her.

Thinking of you <3 <3

lavender

lavender Report 31 Dec 2015 23:31

You must have really loved her, Uzzi. x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Dec 2015 23:45

I understand Uzzi, but this year Minx will not have to fear the noise, Rainbow Bridge is a peaceful kindly place and she can be content there with nothing to fear. I hope Mini is less stressed at the noise and you will have a drink to hand for the midnight chimes.

Here's to a better year for you and T,
Love 'n hugs

Lizxxx

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 31 Dec 2015 23:49

Dogs get stressed when their owners are stressed Uzzi, close your eyes and think of lovely days when she was young and well because she will know that you are fretting over her..xxx

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 1 Jan 2016 10:58

sending you a big hug xx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 Jan 2016 11:58

Thank you girls,

Lavender, I dedicated 10 years to her and I loved her with every inch of me, She was my child with 4 legs, and too many things spark off her absence.

Stella I try not to stress as I have Mini to think about and I am sure she must miss her also.

I still feel so guilty that her last good days I was high tailing it in Sheffield, I feel guilty that I made the choice to say goodbye to her, I feel guilty that I cry more for her than I ever cried over my mother :-0. I feel guilty that I don´t /can´t give Mini as much now because at 14 she is also going to break my heart soon.

But today is the start of a New Year and the count off days will be less and the memories sweeter. xx

ForeverMystified

ForeverMystified Report 1 Jan 2016 18:09

Uzzi you are such a caring person and anybody who loves their animals like you have my respect.

Our GSD had so many little treats last night to keep his mind of the fireworks and telly on loud to deafen outside noise its a good job we live in a detached house. Noise from telly doesn't bother him at all.

Best wishes for 2016 and as Liz said Rainbow Bridge is her paradise. <3 <3

Cheers Frances xx

lavender

lavender Report 1 Jan 2016 23:47

So sorry you are still suffering, Uzzi.

We have been very fortunate with our collie. I think that I once read somewhere that it's a good idea not to appear worried when they first hear fireworks as a puppy.

When it happened and I saw her body react I just ignored her and carried on as if there had been no loud noise. I was fortunate that since then she just hasn't been concerned by them.

My OH has a railway running round the garden. It has become the custom for him to ride around the garden to the sound of the church bells to welcome in the new year (yes, what is it with these big kids?), the fireworks were going off and our doggie was sat on the loco enjoying the night air, too!

Try and enjoy your little Mini whilst you have her, don't let your fear of her leaving spoil the time you have together. Hope that 2016 is good to you <3 <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Jan 2016 00:21

Uzzi <3 <3 <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Jan 2016 01:25

Uzzi ..............

have you considered that some of your tears for Minx are tears for your mother?

That you have finally let go your reserve, and are mourning BOTH of them?