General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free FMP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry_

Barry_ Report 20 Jan 2016 18:47

I have just received e-mail from FMP.
Here is part of it ...

"This weekend we're making Findmypast free, opening billions of records for everyone to explore their family history. You’ll be able to start exploring and learning the incredible things you can discover for free.

The 1939 Register – coming to a subscription near you

Please note, along with electoral roll records, the 1939 Register is not included in our Free Weekend event. However, we're pleased to tell you that from 16th February 2016, we'll be giving unlimited access to the 1939 Register in our 12 month World and Britain subscription packages."

Enjoy!

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Jan 2016 18:51

Thanks Barry.....now that's interesting about the 1939 Register :-) Like others I was a bit annoyed that it wasn't included with the annual subscription in the first place :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Jan 2016 18:55

Thank you for that information Barry.

:-)

Barry_

Barry_ Report 20 Jan 2016 19:03

A Very Happy New Year, Prickles!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Jan 2016 19:17

And a very happy New Year to you too Barry.

<3

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 20 Jan 2016 19:20

Thank you Barry, haven't received an email yet.

:-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Jan 2016 20:23

My email from the Australian site of FMP has the following ...........

We're pleased to let you know that as a valued member of Findmypast from the 16th February 2016, we're giving you unlimited access to our premium record set, the 1939 Register.

AND ...........

they're freezing the price of my next renewal subscription price to the current annual price of $199.50, plus a 10% loyalty discount. T

The new subscription price will be $239.50 for all new subscribers.

Those prices are in Australian $

No mention of a free weekend with them

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 20 Jan 2016 20:28

Thanks for that Barry..not had my mail yet. Knew the waiting would be worth it, they should have had the 1939 on subscription in the first place, they shot themselves in the foot there!

Kense

Kense Report 20 Jan 2016 20:55

If they had included it with the subscription then they wouldn't have had the revenue from those members (and prospective members) who couldn't wait.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Jan 2016 21:01

I got the email today. Glad I held out and did not pay out of principal

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 20 Jan 2016 21:08

That's one way of looking at it Kense, but I bet they missed out on hundreds of subscribers that on principle would not pay extra to view. The cost to view in my opinion was too high whether you had already paid a sub or not.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 21 Jan 2016 06:38

Although tempted I, like LaG & Ann, have not paid extra to view the 1939 Register out of a matter of principal. I was not going to renew my subscription to FMP as I also subscribe to Ancestry but will now see what info the 1939 Register provides and seriously reconsider :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 21 Jan 2016 09:51

I got my email, free access to 1939 from 16th Feb and a reduction of £39.00 on my subscription.

Sue

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 21 Jan 2016 10:42

I saw a post on one of the genealogy facebook pages about discounted FMP subscription. I got a year world subs for $49.88 which I think is about £36!

I am in UK but had to pay in dollars. I can't afford an annual sub to FMP and usually rely on the £1 for a month special offers that Mr Magoo (I think!) usually posts so I am well chuffed to now have a whole year :-)

Hilary

Hilary Report 21 Jan 2016 15:19

Lost Cousins is also free this weekend. I think you have to already be a member. I joined years ago when it was free, never paid when they decided to charge but I can still see my account. Can now add more people this weekend if I want to. Free from now untill Tuesday.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 27 Jan 2016 22:10

Am still waiting for my email...and the bribe of money off, so have unchecked my auto renew...see if I get one now :-D :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2016 23:47

If it doesn't arrive soon

Continue uncovering your family's story with 10% off a 12 month World or Britain subscription with the 1939 Register. This is perfect time to get in early and both save on the new subscription price, and explore the Register for free in just a few weeks! Be quick though, offer expires .........30th January 23:59 GMT.
Discount code FW10OFFJAN

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 28 Jan 2016 11:40

I just got it :-D :-D :-D

Have renewed :-D