General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

got that feeling again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Apr 2016 09:37

You know the one when you give up on ever finding out the truth about replies and then out the blue you get a message saying someone wants to contact you about them. have completely given up on my tree but waking to an email about it has given me that feeling of anticipation again. Know it is probably nothing to do with mine but no harm in hoping.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 9 Apr 2016 22:02

Go for it Dawn, you never know, might lead to something, but if you don't pursue it you will never know for sure. Good luck

Kim xx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Apr 2016 22:18

Sometimes it hard to rekindle enthusiasm. Dawn,,

Bob

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Apr 2016 02:50

Keep us posted, Dawnie

Lizxxx

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Apr 2016 09:39

Problem is have no proof if this person is my GT grandfather and as all parties are no longer with us no way of proving it. They have contacted me and I've sent back so unless their family were told things by him wont ever know for sure. Why do I have such an awkward family lol. Would be nice if was as would be yet more family in Nz dad didnt know about a cousin over there for 60 years until contacted each other through here. time difference is a nuisance as well lol means I have to wait til next day for reply.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Apr 2016 20:01

Are you linked to the Fossets with the camels, Dawnie. They were on a documentary recently about family life and also years ago on one of those house search programmes, when I think they had llamas. I remember Fosset's cicus too

Lizxx

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Apr 2016 21:09

Not sure Liz my Gt Gran was a Fossett and her father was the black sheep of a very well to do family from Stoke Newington, he changed names had a few wives was chased by one of the wives fathers really wish I had known him sounds an interesting fella

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Apr 2016 23:10

Dawnie - I have the same problem with my father.
Doesn't help that my grandmother used various names.
I've just given up on his paternal side - his dad was obviously the local Lothario!!
(aka male tart!!)

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 11 Apr 2016 08:38

Maggie I had given up just email out blue sets you thinking again. No way will ever know unless do dna and cant afford that. I would love to go back and just watch certain members of my family see if they were as interesting as records make them out to be.