General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding multiple marriages.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 10 Apr 2016 00:56

Hi folks, Can anyone please help me. My father's mother was a widow when she married his father, how do I input this on the tree so that it looks correct. Thank you for your help.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Apr 2016 10:07

Always add a female under her maiden name if you know it. If you wish to acknowledge her first husband, create another spouse for her. This would be necessary if your father had half-siblings as you need to make sure they are linked to the correct biological parents.
Should you not wish to do that, then add a note that she was the widow of X.

In any event, click on the box showing her name. There should be 3 small boxes shown one of which says Add. Click on that and select Spouse.

Robert

Robert Report 10 Apr 2016 15:32

Thank you so much for the guidance Detective :-)