General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another celebrity death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Apr 2016 18:14

Sadly yet another one.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/david-gest-dies#.qr3qYEBnJ

David Guest who married Lisa Minnelli

Can't help but thinking how sad to end your life in a hotel room and not with family with you

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 12 Apr 2016 19:28

What exactly is a "celebrity"?

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 12 Apr 2016 20:37

It is sad Shirley. I didn't really know who he was until I saw him in 'I'm a Celebrity , get me out of here' but he came across a a very nice genuine person.
RIP David

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Apr 2016 22:32

When I first saw David Gest, it was on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! in 2006.

He arrived in the camp as the "compulsory" American that year. As soon as I set eyes on him, I thought that I was going to hate him.

But indeed he won me over. A very entertaining man!

RIP DAVID GEST

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Apr 2016 01:26

Sad that he died alone, he lived a strange life but seemed a decent chap. I am sure he will be missed by many but he is reunited with his friend Michael Jackson now. Hope he rests in peace.

Lizx