General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Time of Birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 23 Apr 2016 14:52

Hi, it's not for me but someone was asking if there is a way of finding out the time you are born. He was born in Birmingham 1964 but says the hospital is not there any more, is there any other way of finding out as it's not on the birth cert either

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Apr 2016 15:52

As Joan has already said, I doubt that there is a way of finding out the time of birth other than perhaps seeing the mother's medical records and I don't think you would be allowed to see these. Your friend could ask around his older relatives to see if anyone has any idea of the time of day at least if not the exact time.

Kath. x

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 23 Apr 2016 16:19

Ok, thank you both for your help. I did think it would be what you both said but thought it would be worth a try to see if anyone knew any different. :-) :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Apr 2016 22:46

many mothers tell their children .......... my mother told me I arrived "in time for tea", for example. Mind you, that begs the question of "what time was tea"??

OR they filled in baby books, and there was a space for Time of Birth in most of those ............... most certainly as late as 1964

People sometimes added time of birth to entries made in family bibles

Those are the only 3 possibilities that I can think of.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Apr 2016 00:15

.....and in families who keep things, there might be hospital tags from the baby's cot or leg.

These have time of birth on them..

Older relatives would be my first port of call.