General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Spitting feathers .......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 May 2016 01:25

My poor son never has any luck!

He is doing well at work but still struggling to find a bigger home for him, his fiancee and her little boy, now coming up to 8 and doing well at school and with his asthma pump. G. is also working with a friend designing web sites, in his spare time. He went to the gym yesterday after spending some time in his friend's office. He put his bag containing his laptop, shoes, housekeys etc etc in the locker with his own padlock. He came back to the locker to find the padlock had been cut with bolt cutters and his bag and contents gone. The gym have notices up saying Leave possessions at your own risk. There is cctv and because members have to sign in, there is a shortlist of people who left before my son discovered the theft, which is 5! Apparently the police checked the cctv and couldn't see anyone with my son's bag - hello obviously they would haven't been that stupid, and would have put it in their own bag. Son said Police didn't seem that interested in taking investigation further.

If I could get hold of the scummy person who took G's things, I would sort them out. They had to get the house locks changed too. Not the best Bank Holiday weekend.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 May 2016 05:41

that's awful.

Are the staff at the gym honest?

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 1 May 2016 08:32

Oh Liz,
I'm so sorry to hear this.
Let's hope the police retrieve these things.
Can't believe that if they have cctv surely they would have them trained on the lockers and see someone with bolt cutters.its unbelievable.
<3 <3 thinking of you and your son xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 May 2016 09:32

Can he claim on insurance? Does he pay for the locker? I wonder how that legal exclusion notice is.

kandj

kandj Report 1 May 2016 09:50

Oh No Liz, that is just awful. I hope the scumbags get caught and sorted out!

Just what G could well have done without. So sorry about to hear about this. xxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 May 2016 09:51

It would seem the thief knows the cctv isn't trained on the lockers .

Would have thought that's were they should be though as one of the places to be secure

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 May 2016 13:02

Liz that's awful could it have been staff member .Hope he gets it sorted out . Barbra

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 May 2016 04:51

I haven't spoken to my son since Saturday. It would happen at Bank Holiday weekend, just hope the police will make some effort to find the scumbag who did it. I don't know if it's a first for the gym or has happened before, and seems strange that his was the locker opened. Maybe they watched him put the bag inside and noticed the laptop, but why bring boltcutters to a gym if not intending theft?

I told him to check his insurance and credit card that he bought the laptop on.

Life has been very stressful lately, o.h's father is now in an interim care home but suitable more permanent placement can't be found atm altho he is over his allotted interim time there. Still vile things being said about step mother who is too poorly to visit, o.h's sister wrote some awful things on fb yesterday , including that she wished a certain person would rot in hell! meaning step mother, whose sons are furious. The sister's husband contrived a letter to stepmother suggesting work was to be done at house to clear garage, shed and contents to install mobile home, saying deposit of £1000 had been paid and £9000 to come. It caused so much worry for everyone but she kept saying Can't people see it's an April fool thing? and eventually admitted to her sister and my o.h. that her hubby had done it to get at the stepmother.

The old man has gained no further feeling or control over his left leg and not much use in left arm. The other daughter got in a private physio to assess him and that wasn't very fruitful. O.h. went to visit yesteday but the old man slept through most of the visit so he came back early.

We have cancelled our proposed holiday to Tideswell in June and I am now trying to book a week locally so we would only be 20 odd miles away. O.h. needs a break, I think he will have a breakdown soon with all the toing and froing and hassle.

It exhausts me, yesteday I slept for an almost solid 14 hours.

Heyho, ain't life fun?

Happy Bank Holiday folks

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 May 2016 10:43

Liz .so sorry you & family having all this worry .sending big (((((((Hug)))))))) Take Care love Barbra <3

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 2 May 2016 21:34

So sorry for you Liz. Know how you feel but chin up, things will get better although you proberly don't feel like that at the moment. Everyone needs a break so please try to get one for both of your sakes. xxxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 May 2016 22:00

Thanks all.

Just drove to local coast in pouring rain to check a caravan site and were able to see inside the van as co-owner was in her van nearby. It's clean and well-equipped so we will probably go for it and hope the weather will be kind to us. (I week in early June) There are sea views from the lounge window, a club house and cafe and lots of places to bus or drive to or 10 mins walk to a beach. We haven't stayed in a caravan for years, it will be more cramped than the cottages we usually rent but will make a change and I still get a room to myself.

Roll on summer! We went on to Cromer but it was bucketing down so didn't stay long, typical Bank Holiday weather lol

My son also had to buy new specs as his others were stolen with the bag, and he had to walk home in his gymwear.

Lizxx