General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it coming to an end?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jul 2016 21:14

It kind of struck me this afternoon that I am feeling better than I have felt for years.

I have sat it out for over two years now, feeling completely inert for much of it and not wanting to think past the corner of the sofa and now I feel like I am waking up.

Please let it go on.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jul 2016 21:34

Oh I hope so Sharron.

One day at a time, you'll surprise yourself!

Lizxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jul 2016 21:42

small steps Sharron - you'll get there <3 <3 <3

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 10 Jul 2016 21:55

Good for you Sharron. Just take it a day at a time.

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jul 2016 21:56

It has been an awful lot of days so far!

PatrickM

PatrickM Report 10 Jul 2016 22:41

Yes, it has been a lot of days, but from the inside you don't notice the small changes until the small changes add up to a larger change.
Now you have turned a corner the changes become more noticeable, I'm not going to say it becomes easier, it doesn't. Life isn't like that. But life does become more bearable.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jul 2016 22:54

That's true, Patrick, well said.

Lizx

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 16 Jul 2016 17:55

I liken it to water eroding a rock. The edges get softer but the rock is still there.

<3 <3 Take care

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Jul 2016 19:37

On Thursday I planned to take Fred's mate down to the farm shop and get him to go in and buy some mushrooms to make tea.

I cleaned the hand basin in the wet room and washed up, thinking I was doing quite well and settled down to read the local paper. Just as I came to the obituaries, my cousin telephoned me to tell me our aunt had died and was on the very page I was reading. The funeral was in the local church the same day and not much later in the day so I got myself down there. I walked the church path each way, on my own, and went to the sandwiches in the pub afterwards. Then I drove to the farm shop, bought the mushrooms and went home to make tea.

That is more than I have achieved in a very long time, little though it is. Having no time, I had gone in jeans but changed to my black shoes. These have a slightly higher heel than my usual trainers and rewarded me in the evening with the worse cramp I have felt for years!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Jul 2016 00:36

well done, Sharron xxx

but sorry to hear about the cramp :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Jul 2016 05:23

My condolences Sharron on the loss of your aunt and congratulations on all you achieved. It wasn't little, it was significant that you managed so many different things and even tho you ended up with cramp, you should feel pleased with yourself.

Hope you have more good days like that, and if you have a bad day, don't beat yourself up about it, just move on to the next day and start over.

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jul 2016 23:19

I am eating eggs on toast that I have cooked for myself. Probably have not done that for a couple of years AND I am now well enough to see what needs doing here and I am hoping to get the wet room cleaned, by myself, for a starter. It might take me a month but I am going to do it!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Jul 2016 23:53

You don't want to spend the hottest day of the year cleaning :-(

Realise it could do with a scrub, know you can do it - and you can - but be extremely brave - and ignore it!!!

Take a lovely cool drink into the garden - notice the weeds - then notice how many insects are living off them. Those insects deserve a life.
Weeding can wait until after a few heavy downpours, or the Autumn.
Just grab your drink - and relax :-D :-D :-D

This is how I've acquired a slow worm population and a 'wild' garden :-D
There's lots to see though - lots of interesting spiders, and since I failed to remove the buddleia, lots of butterflies :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Jul 2016 00:11

It is cool indoors.

We have slow worms for the first time this year.

Have the ants flown yet this year? We like to watch the dragonflies hunting that day. They look like bi-planes swooping about.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jul 2016 01:45

A little bit at a time Sharron, then you can enjoy the best of both worlds lol

I am really pleased that you are getting interested in life again. Take things as they come. You know the saying, an inch is a cinch and a yard is hard. A bit Americanised but very descriptive

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Jul 2016 07:36

Ants are due to fly soon.
Yay!! for the slow worms :-D :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 19 Jul 2016 09:53

It will be up and down for a while, probably, Sharron. But soon the better days will outnumber the bad.