General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Car Embedded in Wall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 Jul 2016 20:15

Just been looking at this:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-36796185

Had it not been so serious you wonder if he was trying to get to Hogwarts.....!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Jul 2016 21:01

I learned to drive in a Ford Anglia but I don't think it would do 60mph.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 Jul 2016 21:24

Mine was a Ford Prefect. 3 gears and the wipers worked on a vacuum pipe from the inlet manifold.

As you pushed the throttle down to get to 40 the wipers slowed down, so best not to go out if was raining too hard.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 14 Jul 2016 21:47

Our first car was a Ford Prefect, bought with wedding present money.

I well remember driving up a steep hill in heavy rain, and because the engine was using all its power to get up the hill, the wipers stopped completely!! :-( :-( I just hoped I was on the right side of the road.

My friend had a pre-war Morris 8, and on very steep hills, all passengers had to get out and walk, otherwise the car couldn't cope with the hill.

Happy Days :-)