General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sod's Law

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 14 Jul 2016 21:21

I think Sod's Law is catching up with me,
After three and years of dragging myself around using a walking frame, then crutches my bones are acting up.
I now get pains in my hands, especially the finger joints.
Been able to tolerate that, even though at times it hurts.

Now for some unknown reason my right hip is hurting and my left shoulder.
Not to be left out my ankles have joined in, they get hot and have an incessant itch.
What's all that about ? :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jul 2016 21:28

Have you been back to the doctor? Have you had a change in medication? Might be worth checking it out. Hope you can find a solution, constant pain is very wearing.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jul 2016 21:28

Have you been back to the doctor? Have you had a change in medication? Might be worth checking it out. Hope you can find a solution, constant pain is very wearing.

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Jul 2016 21:29

Blood pressure tablets may be the cause of the hot and itchy ankles. Talk to the Dr about it.

As for the bone ache...it's maybe the result of sitting/ lying awkwardly and having mobility issues generally, and sad to say...age! I get sciatica regularly, have back ache ( years of lifting) and my knees are shot to pieces with arthritis.

After 50 it was all down hill lol.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 14 Jul 2016 23:10

you are putting extra pressure on good joints by using a frame,,,,if you use a stick you will find that the other leg.hip/shoulder starts acting up-------.wear and tear

feet/ankles as said maybe medication

seek a doctors advise. the sooner you do the sooner it may be sorted. :-)

David

David Report 15 Jul 2016 10:22

Some years ago my legs and pelvis were traumatised in a RTA
Wasn't quite the same again.... then, 3 years ago at the age of 67 I was fool enough to jump over my garden wall, landing on one foot and in my decent screwing my body weight through my knee and tibia, wrecking both.
Despite several operations my under carriage never fully recovered.
The above plus my age starting to show :-( :-(