General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please listen carefully!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 15 Jul 2016 13:00

No, I do not want to listen carefully, I am busy.

You ring every day, if I could have claimed I would have done so last year when you first gave me the information.

No you are NOT in my area, this is a small village. If anyone was having new double glazing/getting their carpets professionally cleaned we would all know.

I have not changed my mind since you rang last week!

NO, I do not want to pay you to stop unwanted calls, you are one of them!!!

Waiting for a phone call, so answering on first ring rather than leaving for answerphone to cut in.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jul 2016 13:05

:-D Not Solar Panels, or HMRC? They phoned last week saying that HMG were mounting an action against 'you'.
Press 1 to talk to 'your' case officer. Yer, right. In your dreams.

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 15 Jul 2016 13:12

Does anyone ever a say yes?

Surely the message is getting through to people that it is unsafe to buy anything or use these firms.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Jul 2016 16:37

I never listen carefully - I hear those first few words, utter a few expletives and put the phone down :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jul 2016 16:58

They must have some takers, otherwise it wouldn't be cost-effective.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Jul 2016 17:45

never listened long enough to discover what it's all about

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jul 2016 17:53

I just tell them the truth - I'm a tenant - but if they want to bother my Landlord to replace my perfectly adequate double glazing, I can five them their number - otherwise, please take me off your list.

I've never had the same firm call twice!!

However - recorded messages - Grrrrrrrrrrrr