General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ST SWITHUNS DAY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 15 Jul 2016 13:43

Hope it's not raining in your part of the world today cos has its system st SWITHUNS day it will be raining for 40 days and 40 nights :-0 :-0

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 15 Jul 2016 13:52

Don't believe in St Swithin's day but then again I don't expect rain until October :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 15 Jul 2016 15:01

I hope St Swithin is a bit of a myth (I know he existed) because it's chucking it down here and the builder is half-way through fixing our roof! :-( :-(

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Jul 2016 15:02

Just started to rain here on Teesside - but I think it's rained for the last 40 days anyway, so nothing new there. lol

Kath. x :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Jul 2016 16:35

chucking' it down here :-( :-(

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 15 Jul 2016 21:41

It better not rain here

I've just sprays 2 gallon of weed killer on Strays garden ;-) ;-)

Linda

Linda Report 15 Jul 2016 21:44

It was that fine rain when I left home for London at 2.45pm but I don't know if it came to anything

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 16 Jul 2016 00:00

Yesterday was glorious but, It's been pouring from the heavens all day today.

40 days and 40 nights of rain could be called a disaster but, here in Scotland, we call it.... Summer!
:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jul 2016 00:08

Well, as I'm in St Swithin's territory - we had one swift shower today :-D