General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacting Genes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 16 Jul 2016 13:55

I continually have difficulty in finding the area in which I contact genes to ask them to rectify a problem. Any assistance

Thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Jul 2016 14:23

email
[email protected]

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Jul 2016 14:27

Don't hold your breath Mark ;-) ;-)

David

David Report 16 Jul 2016 15:46

While on the subject of GR does ant one know how to prevent all the GR postings appearing in my e-mail in box ?
I've looked every where in my account and there is no provision to stop this :-S

Island

Island Report 16 Jul 2016 16:00

Have you un/checked the boxes in 'email preferences' David

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jul 2016 16:39

Did you mean 'My Threads'? Once you've posted on a thread, it's there forever until such time as the thread is deleted.

There is also My Watched Threads which implies you've ticked the Watch This button. Whenever someone adds to it, you get sent an email. It might be an hour or so later. To remove the Watch option, go into My Watched Threads and untick it. Remember to save.
Alternatively, tick the Delete box to remove from your list.

David

David Report 16 Jul 2016 18:08

Thank you Island and Det
I've deleted the watched thank you Det
All the boxes for e-mail preferences are unchecked Island, but I get lots of e-mails regularly advising of GR add on.
Now I've deleted the watched threads this should cease ?

Island

Island Report 16 Jul 2016 18:21

I don't think I can advise further David as I only ever get emails from GR when my sub is due. All my email preference boxes are unchecked. I don't know if watched threads are an exception as I found getting emails every time someone posted a tad annoying so I stopping 'watching'. I prefer to post a short comment so that I can find the thread if I'm still interested.

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Jul 2016 18:58

I have these two checked on preferences

Occasional newsletter
Weekly Updates about which of your contacts have made changes to their family tree and added things to Genes Reunited

Never had the latter, the former, well they don't often do a newsletter so I don't think I have had one in a year or so, it used to go into spam anyway.

But if you have unticked 'watched' threads you probably won't get as many emails from now on.

David

David Report 16 Jul 2016 19:43

Thank you Island and RR, I appreciate your help :-D