General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birds of a Feather, firends of A Leadsom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 Aug 2016 12:32

so for those who voted brexit ....

not on ly do we have today the details of Nick Farage's past enmeshed with tne British fascists bu this:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/12/tory-mp-philip-davies-claims-uk-legal-system-favours-women-at-mens-rights-event

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Aug 2016 14:05

That is a very interesting article and there are some parts of those arguments that a very true but there does need to be a lot more detail to draw any conclusions from it.

I think I always leant towards an end to gender specivity rather than feminism which has been interpreted in so many different ways over the less than fifty years things have been evolving and this, I think, is the crux of the matter. Things are still evolving at the speed of human regeneration.

magpie

magpie Report 12 Aug 2016 15:10

The Guardian! Might have guessed! Yawn, yawn!!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 Aug 2016 15:33

suit yourself foul feathers all weathers ain't got no fur belows

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/aug/12/grouse-shootings-rich-influential-backers-join-forces-fire-on-critics

I used to enoy a shoot but have passed on it since the eco side of it has become better known. . A rellie's business was badlt dmaged in the recent north of England flooding - directly attributable to grouse moors.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Aug 2016 16:56

Then your mum took your catapult away.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 Aug 2016 18:09

My mum was a hospital matron who wore a huge white hat and brooked no nonsense from anybody esp. doctors and young boys. She def. did not take my catapult away! She was not a homemaker sort of person and couldn't have cared less..

I don't plan to cease shooting pheasant/partridge from 1 October it is only the grouse I'm passing up on.

magpie

magpie Report 12 Aug 2016 18:16

With respect its difficult to know what your talking about Rollo!!

Caroline

Caroline Report 12 Aug 2016 19:37

Hey grouse shooting....the glorious 12th..my daughter's birthday and she's 18...sorry off on a tangent there...I'm sure that's not what anyone was on about !

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 13 Aug 2016 19:31

Partridges from the 1st Sept Rollo. I shall be out doing my bit in the beating line.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Aug 2016 19:34

Partridges for the up and overs pheasants for the side by sides.

;-)